Adrenaline_Flux

Jaguars draft Washington State QB Gardner Minshew at #178

I'm here for it.

Much better than the Tanner Lee pick last year lol.

Posted (edited)

🙄 why do they continue to throw away picks on these QBs that are not going to make the team?

Edited by DuvalsKing

Just now, DuvalsKing said:

🙄 why do they continue to throw away picks on these QBs that are not going to make the team?

I'm an advocate for taking a QB most years, if not every year.

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Same. 

Just not Lee last year.

Minshew is worth a gamble here for sure imo.

13 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I am too but make it make sense Stidham, Grier a viable talent these 6th round flyers are useless.

17 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Minshew will be on the team this year. Unlike Lee last year he’s someone with potential. A guy who could end up being a great backup for years to come which teams need.

Doubling down with running backs who can't find holes for a grind it out offense but also using picks on a pass catching TE for our QB and a small arm spread QB from an air raid offense.

It's like these guys have no vision what they want to be.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

lol on a positive note if Mike Leach is down with you enough to call you out of the blue and make you move across the country,  I'm down with you as well.

Just not convinced the guys in the building are unified in what kind of team (especially offense) we want to be.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Speedyg said:

Doubling down with running backs who can't find holes for a grind it out offense but also using picks on a pass catching TE for our QB and a small arm spread QB from an air raid offense.

It's like these guys have no vision what they want to be.

What are you talking about? Why is drafting a pass-catching TE a bad thing when our QB was known for giving his TE the ball for big plays? As for QB, he’s a back-up with potential. As for RB, I’ll admit that I would’ve preferred Myles Gaskin, but Armstread isn’t terrible either. 

Edited by Jrvegeeta

1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

I am too but make it make sense Stidham, Grier a viable talent these 6th round flyers are useless.

Pls don't loop this pick in with the Lee pick. Minshew was good in college, is smart and is accurate. Comes from a great coach as well. Doubt he'll be our long term starter or anything, but I think he has legit potential to be a backup for us. 

Lee.......is tall

33 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

Pls don't loop this pick in with the Lee pick. Minshew was good in college, is smart and is accurate. Comes from a great coach as well. Doubt he'll be our long term starter or anything, but I think he has legit potential to be a backup for us. 

Lee.......is tall

This.

Dude is super smart and definitely has the talent to be a legit solid backup.

Starter? Doubt it. But quality backup? Sure.