With the 193rd pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Olisaemeka Udoh, T - Elon

RpMc

9 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

We’re taking practice squad guys already...  I would’ve rather taken Mitch Hyatt or Beau B...

Keep in mind we probably don't have the money to use on higher rated UDFAs. Take the guys now if you think you can't get him to sign as UDFA after the draft.

2 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Keep in mind we probably don't have the money to use on higher rated UDFAs. Take the guys now if you think you can't get him to sign as UDFA after the draft.

draft picks receive higher signing bonuses than UDFAs do.

• Like 1

Potentially there is a ton to like about him, fits a profile I wish the Vikings had more of in terms of his size.  Is not the typical 'zone blocking' system OT but looks like a mauler with some good upside.  Nice pickup in terms of potential even with some solid OL still on the board. 

Hyatt's fall is surprising especially with the top level of competition he played against and has been a starter for some time, and Beau is a surprise but also is kind of funny.  Last year Todd McShay I believe had three Wisconsin OL in the 1st round this year, obviously that did not even come close to happening and arguably all three of them had so so years.  Beau would make sense but Dru Samia I love his competitiveness and ability to potentially play OT if need be as well, love how he protected his QB in that College football Playoff game against Bama.

He's enormous, Jason Peters size. And moves almost that well.

Peters: 6'4.5" 328, 4.93 with 1.89 10-split, 25 bench, 31.5" VJ, 9'7" BJ, 4.79 SS, 7.72 3C
Udoh:   6'5.5" 323, 5.05 with 1.76 10-split, 26 bench, 28.5" VJ, 8'9" BJ, 4.78 SS, 7.49 3C

Peters has better jumps and long speed. Udoh's arms are longer (35" vs 33.5").

• Like 2

On 4/27/2019 at 7:01 PM, Krauser said:

He's enormous, Jason Peters size. And moves almost that well.

Peters: 6'4.5" 328, 4.93 with 1.89 10-split, 25 bench, 31.5" VJ, 9'7" BJ, 4.79 SS, 7.72 3C
Udoh:   6'5.5" 323, 5.05 with 1.76 10-split, 26 bench, 28.5" VJ, 8'9" BJ, 4.78 SS, 7.49 3C

Peters has better jumps and long speed. Udoh's arms are longer (35" vs 33.5").

He reportedly shed 50 lbs in his time at Elon