6[194]: Dexter Williams [RB; Notre Dame]

Packerraymond

2 hours ago, SAM said:

Looks much like our other Willians from BYU. Bell Cow grinder, not a true third down back. Still good value at this point.

All I've seen is the highlight reel, and he looks a lot better than Jamaal Williams. I'm sure there's a reason he fell to the sixth round, but I really like how he makes one quick cut and accelerates on those plays, and nobody catches him from behind. 

1 hour ago, Greg C. said:

All I've seen is the highlight reel, and he looks a lot better than Jamaal Williams. I'm sure there's a reason he fell to the sixth round, but I really like how he makes one quick cut and accelerates on those plays, and nobody catches him from behind. 

I hope you are correct. I ment he is at least as good as Jamaal.  He put up some impressive numbers at ND, for only starting one year. The upside of that is less ware and tear on his body. Doweside is he had some off field issues.

Not overly concerned about the off-field stuff. As far as the Jamaal Williams camp. No. Some of his running traits are similar. However, he lacks pass protection and catching experience/skills. It seems that he is a good plug and play if/when Aaron Jones goes down we have someone to spell Williams on non passing situations. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nikola Tesla said:

Not overly concerned about the off-field stuff. As far as the Jamaal Williams camp. No. Some of his running traits are similar. However, he lacks pass protection and catching experience/skills. It seems that he is a good plug and play if/when Aaron Jones goes down we have someone to spell Williams on non passing situations. 

Yep. Very similar to Aaron Jones as a pick. Has unknown/undeveloped 3rd down ability. But a good runner that fits.

Solid 6th round pick. Keke was the real steal.

15 hours ago, incognito_man said:

he seems to run away from people more often than you'd expect from a 4.57 guy

That is his combine time. If you watch it you will actually see that he stumbled a little bit at the beginning of his run. He's probably a 4.45 guy and that appears to be is backed up by his game tapes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thrILL! said:

He def looks like he has some wheels.  Can he return kicks?

Barely. He did 1 return in 2015 and 4 returns in 2016 but nothing since then.

The only viable kick/punt returners on our roster is Davis and Jamerson. Tony Brown might be able to do it even though he never did it at Alabama.