If you could alter one event in history.

O'Doyle Rules

19 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Just call it '90s nostalgia:

*Shaq stays in Orlando with a healthy Penny Hardaway.

*Patrick Ewing and pretty much the entire Knicks roster not getting suspended for the brawl vs. the Heat. After the Knicks win the series (they would have), do they win it all?

*Magic never gets HIV

*Bird never injures his back

*The NBA never changes the old school basketball rules (hard fouls/flagrants/hand checking/illegal defense/defensive 3 seconds)

Those two more than anything would've been awesome. Crippled Bird was still a 20-9-7 guy at 35. Magic took like 5 years off and came back a good player. If each of them had another good 3 years left it would've been fun to watch.

Maurice Stokes wouldn't have the debilitating injury that he had in 1958:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Stokes

If he would have avoided that, him and Oscar Robertson could have been Stockton and Malone before Stockton and Malone, and the Royals probably win a few titles in the 60's that the Celtics won. That probably increases Cincinnati's interest in the Royals, and they may have been less likely to move to KC in 1972. 

On 9/7/2017 at 0:34 PM, TENINCH said:

Preventing the Lakers from moving to California. They had 5 titles in Minnesota and just moved? That would never happen today.

How about at least changing their name. Seriously, the LAKERS in LA makes zero sense. Also, the New Orleans Jazz going to Utah. It absolutely infuriates me every time I hear their nicknames. Those 2 would be close to the top of the list. Now the Los Angeles Air Pollution, there's a nickname I can get behind. Or the Utah Weird Shaped States.

I know you said "not your team" but I'm gonna do it anyways...Glenn Robinson laying it in rather than taking a short jumper that he bricked (may have even airballed) in game 5 of the ECF vs Philly. He lays it in, we go home with a 3-2 series lead.

As far as the rest of the NBA goes...I'd probably have to say Grant Hill staying healthy or Len Bias not being irresponsible (RIP).

Archived