2019 6.33 (206) Washington Redskins select WR Kelvin Harmon, NC State

PARROTHEAD

This is a crazy pick for being this late. Wanted to mention that the day before the draft started. 2 former WRs were on a draft show. Asked who is an underrated pick. Both agreed on this guy. One saying that he felt he had talent enough to contend with talent at the end of the 1st round. And would be there if just a hair faster in his strait away speed.

Hes shifty quick, ran a quality 3 cone so can make cuts/breaks with speed. And he catches everything. Something we were bottom of the barrel at last season. He lead the draft in TDs last season. Cause hes big, runs quality routes, and knows what the qb is looking for in the red zone. Which is a area he could greatly help right away is that red zone factor.

• Like 1

Can’t beat the value. He was legitimately an early Day 2 mention for most of the process. Maybe another case of teams overthinking the measurable stuff and ignoring the fact that it’s really hard for other football players to stop him from catching the football. 

His numbers were probably deflated to some extent by having another NFL-quality receiver in Jakobi Meyers playing on that same offense — who, as I’ve mentioned numerous times before, I would also take (or sign as a priority FA). 

• Like 2

I said months ago I thought there was a chance this guy ends up being the best of this whole class. I really have no idea what positive tests he had to fall this far. He might not have ran well but he has amazing game speed amazing routes!!! Him and Moreland and Sweat all steals huge steals!!

• Like 2

On 4/29/2019 at 7:56 PM, offbyone said:

Frankly, I just don't understand why we haven't tried to trade Doctson already.

Most likely because he has no value on the trade market.

• Like 1

This is a head scratcher ! Why in the big wide world did he drop down this far. Football Gods suddenly are Redskin fans !? Not a burner- 4.60 speed, Jerry Rice range ! I hope he's a steal for us . Glad we got got lucky--maybe.

Guy has potential to be a possession WR. Real value in the 6th round. Bully mentality with strength and real power 5 production.

I have reservations regarding his ability to create separation and his reliance on body-catching. Also, Ryan Finley is a very accurate QB. 

Bottom line: Value is undeniable and his pros far outweigh his cons. Should get a real shot to make the 53 and play meaning snaps his rookie year.