Sign in to follow this  
RpMc

With the 217th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Kris Boyd, CB - Texas

Posted (edited)

D5MDiSyU4AApqZz.jpg

Edited by RpMc

Love it, reminds me of the Kearse pick a couple years ago, grab someone with insane value for little-to-no risk

Broke a streak of 4 straight Vikings picks not ranked on the RPM aggregate board

Nice pick, clearly looking ahead when they do not sign Waynes next off season.  I had Boyd as a 3rd rounder based on how he plays the football and attacks.  Very solid in coverage with good reaction time and instincts.  Nice get in the 7th round no doubt, hopefully they get a return man potentially like Dortch as well because doubt Hughes would even be that guy, maybe Ameer possibly as a punt return man but will see.

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Nice pick, clearly looking ahead when they do not sign Waynes next off season.  I had Boyd as a 3rd rounder based on how he plays the football and attacks.  Very solid in coverage with good reaction time and instincts.  Nice get in the 7th round no doubt, hopefully they get a return man potentially like Dortch as well because doubt Hughes would even be that guy, maybe Ameer possibly as a punt return man but will see.

I think Hughes will still be a return guy. Drafting a RB plus how they like Boone, is there room for Abdullah?

30 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I think Hughes will still be a return guy. Drafting a RB plus how they like Boone, is there room for Abdullah?

Not sure why any team would want to put a potentially starting corner as a return man, especially as a punt returner.  Ameer would be the punt return/kick return guy now that Sherels is gone potentially or they get someone this 7th round to maybe do it.  Someone has to do it and again Hughes to me is a starter either this year or next when Waynes is not resigned, so having him return punts would not be the best idea but will see.  Boone is nice to have but if Mattison is as tough as he looks he might take that power position but will see.  They probably end up cutting Roc Thomas but again will see.

Boyd had been projected by some to be selected as high as the fourth round. When his wait was longer than expected, he said he was determined he was “not going to get myself worked up.’’

General manager Rick Spielman said the Vikings spent a lot of time with Boyd at the Senior Bowl in January: “Technically, he probably has some things to clean up, but he is a very gifted athlete and very physical in the run game.’’ 

https://www.twincities.com/2019/04/27/texas-cornerback-kris-boyd-joins-former-texas-teammate-holton-hill-on-vikings/

I really love this pick and expect Boyd to make the team. 

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

I really love this pick and expect Boyd to make the team. 

Same here, whether he gets a snap at CB this year, who knows, but special teams and then getting coached up that would be great.