7[226]: Ty Summers [ILB; TCU]

Packerraymond

Packer Report‏:  Summers on labrum issues - one surgery on each: Good that he faced them early in career. Been healthy the past couple years. "I gave it all I had." Used to wear straps on both arms for stability but got rid of those for past season and a half.

• Like 1

I dont know squat about the guy and recognize he got drafted in the 7th round for some reason(s) - but (just as highlight reels are intended to do.......) I like his attitude, speed, aggression and field coverage.....in those highlight reels. When he makes a decision - he moves quick and he's a sure tackler.

There's gotta be some downside - but I cant see it on his tape - errrrrr highlight reels.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

He's small and he's been hurt.

Yeah - he doesnt look big - but hey - not everybody needs to be a giant.
Does he get tied up on blocks(?)

The hurt part....is that his shoulders or labrum issues I read about?

White, blue or purple - it reads the same to me:

Although Summers has many strengths in his game there is one glaring weakness: in his covering ability.

Summers struggled when he had to drop back in man coverage as he lacks a natural feel for covering an offensive player one on one.

This flaw in his game will likely limit the amount of snaps Summers will play at the next level as his best value in passing situations comes when he is being used to blitz. 

Edited by cannondale