Who had the best draft?

BayRaider

This is how I would rank them looking over it quickly.  Hard to do because obviously some teams that have a ton of picks of course it will look like a good draft.  Like Arizona they did well and got good players but seemed more random and not as system related, these teams below filled needs and have prospects that fit the systems they run I feel.

1) Bengals: Really solid across the board, good picks almost at each point and fill needs.  If Anderson or Williams hit late at RB that would be great and if Finley can be the QB I think he can be it will be a home run draft.  Williams is a great solid first pick and Wren really fits their DT system very well.  Pratt I have always liked at LB who has speed and Sample is the best blocking TE in the draft especially in terms of his blocking versatility, nice seeing him go so high.

2) Patriots: Awesome draft, love Harry in the 1st and they got OL talent with Cajuste and Froholdt who could be stars.  Harris fits their mold at RB and is good in pass pro, Stidham is the project QB and an amazing value as well.  Tall DB in Williams and address the DL with Cowart and Winovich who will give much needed edge pressure.  Awesome draft overall and no surprise.

3) Bills:  I like all their picks outside of Knox and even he has some upside at least.  Oliver is a steal, Ford is a 1st rounder they got in round 2.  Joseph is super athletic and Johnson on Miami has amazing ball skills and would have been much higher if he ran a faster 40 time.  Then you have Sweeney who is possibly one of the biggest steals of the draft at his size and with his athletic ability catching the football as a TE.

4) Denver: Every pick is great outside of the last one.  Solid players, super star QB Lock that just falls to them.  Potential star OT or OG in Risner and Fant should do very well there as well.  Not to mention Jones who is a good value and Hollins who has a ton of athletic upside.

5) Pittsburgh: Picked guys that fit, Bush for sure and fills a big time need.  Love the Snell pick that kid is great and players with big time energy and passion not to mention is tough as can be.  Johnson is a nice pickup at WR and I like Layne a lot in terms of his ball skills.  Gentry is a little bit of a gamble but has obviously great size, Sutton Smith is awesome and a steal big time there at OLB.  Buggs fits the DE 3/4 need well and could be a nice backup same with Gray at OG.  

6) Oakland: Hard to not draft well with the picks they had.  Ferrell was a little surprise but fills a need and is a big time talent so no real issue there.  Jacobs is a great fit and a complete back and Abrams is a nice centerfield safety who can hit.  Love Crosby on the edge and he has tons of athletic upside, and Johnson at CB has a ton of upside as well and Renfrow is a gamer and has amazing hands.  Nice draft for sure.

7) Rams:  Not having any really high picks they did great.  Got a steal in Rapp just because of a slot 40, that kid is a gamer.  Henderson is a shock he was still there, damn he is fast and talented and should be a great backup to Gurley with his health issues.  Evans and especially Edwards have big time potential at OT and Greg Gaines is a good fit and tough guy inside.  Solid draft all around considering the picks they had.

8) Washington:  Haskins and Sweat are two great picks for them no question, Haskins for sure then got some good value later on with some decent talent.  Harmon and Moreland could be steals and Love could be a great value if he can get back to healthy and stay healthy.  McLaurin is a nice pickup as well  and has the speed they need at WR.

Teams that did well late drafting:

Dallas:  Got some steals potentially especially late, McGovern is a nice fit and a solid player who can provide depth.  Jelks was a steal and so was Weber as a backup RB.  Both Jackson's from Miami have upside especially Joe Jackson, he was very productive at times as a DE.  And Tony Pollard is arguably the best return man in the draft, could play slot WR or RB.  

Houston:  A few reaches maybe with Lonnie but Warring is a flat out steal at TE with tons of upside and same with Omenihu at DE.  Scharping looks like a damn good player also and Howard has potential as their first round pick.  Filled needs and possibly got some star players at great value spots.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

The Bills have to be up there.  Ed Oliver and Cody Ford are hoe runs, and Dawson Knox and Singletary should contribute for them, at least.

Also really liked the Dolphins, Redskins, Broncos, Eagles, Patriots, and Colts drafts.

I love hoe runs

• Like 2

Skins, Titans, Chargers, Rams

Cowboys and Bears did a nice job with the few picks they had. 

Giants had a good day 2 and 3, but those first 2 picks set the franchise back for 3 years, so....yeah. Really like the CB's they took though (Baker, Love and Ballentine? They could be starting together in nickle for the next 10 years), and both Slayton's have starter potential.

Edited by Jeezla

13 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

St. Louis, Baltimore, and Dallas all had nice drafts off the top of my head. 

I have to disagree that St Louis had a good draft.  This year, anyway.

Bills, Chargers, Jags (how are so many people not listing them), Raiders......really nobody had a terrible draft, even the Giants who fumbled their first pick rebounded decently, had an iffy but not terrible draft. 

1 hour ago, bomont said:

I have to disagree that St Louis had a good draft.  This year, anyway.

Bills, Chargers, Jags (how are so many people not listing them), Raiders......really nobody had a terrible draft, even the Giants who fumbled their first pick rebounded decently, had an iffy but not terrible draft. 

Oh yeah. The LA Rams aggravate me. I hope LA loses their teams and they return home to St. Louis and San Diego respectively.

• Like 2

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Seahawks. They entered the draft with 5 picks on Thursday and came away with one of the best hauls in the league. John Schneider was masterclass at maneuvering and grabbing quality prospects at great value from top to bottom. 

1. LJ Collier [DE - TCU] - A bit early, but a hell of a player at a position of need.

2. Marquise Blair [S - Utah] - Probably my favourite pick. An absolute missile to replace Chancellor.

2. DK Metcalf [WR - Ole Miss] - Amazing value here at the end of two. The fit is perfect: one of the most threatening deep receivers paired with one of the leagues better deep passers.

3. Cody Barton [LB - Utah] - Another uber athletic LB with good value here.

4. Gary Jennings [WR - West Virginia] - One of my favourite WR prospects in the draft. Best remaining WR here IMO. Another excellent deep threat for Wilson.

4. Phil Haynes [G - Wake Forest] - Mammoth man who tested very well. Great value here. I thought he'd be gone much earlier. 

4. Ugo Amadi [S - Oregon]  - Don't know much about him to be honest.

5. Ben Burr-Kirvin [LB - Washington] - Again, great value. 

6. Travis Homer [RB - Miami] 

6. Demarcus Christmas [DT - Florida State]

7. John Ursua [WR - Hawaii]

• Like 2