Who had the best draft?

BayRaider

6 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

They can definitely protect themselves, probably financially. But you can't tell someone he can't do another job lol

I am curious to know exactly what 'protections' you want in this instance? @DirtyDez

If he decides to quit football and go play baseball, then you can recover a prorated amount of his signing bonus. You would still have dead cap space for the remaining prorated signing bonus, but the Bidwells would get real CASH back, which they probably care more about tbh. The rest of the money to be paid to him will come in roster bonuses/base salary, which have to be earned and are unguaranteed.

I guess the only real danger is if he plays baseball from mid-February (training camp) to August (NFL preseason). If he misses his football obligations due to baseball, you can fine him etc and recoup some money. 

You can structure his contract to have big work out bonuses, which will incentivize him to be in the building.

On 4/27/2019 at 6:12 PM, Daniel said:

The Bills have to be up there.  Ed Oliver and Cody Ford are hoe runs, and Dawson Knox and Singletary should contribute for them, at least.

Also really liked the Dolphins, Redskins, Broncos, Eagles, Patriots, and Colts drafts.

I like the bills draft and the dolphins.   I was very pleased with the champs draft also.   

On 4/27/2019 at 6:26 PM, minutemancl said:

Bills, Titans, Rams, Chargers may be my 4 favorites off the top of my head

Amending this with the Jets. They maybe had the best draft period. Q was the best player in the draft, Polite was great value in the 3rd as I'm not worried about his combine, Edoga was my favorite late-round T, Cashman is a solid starter for the next 10 years easy, and Austin is a supremely talented guy with starting potential if he can stay healthy.

On 4/27/2019 at 8:37 PM, Jeezla said:

Skins, Titans, Chargers, Rams

Cowboys and Bears did a nice job with the few picks they had. 

Giants had a good day 2 and 3, but those first 2 picks set the franchise back for 3 years, so....yeah. Really like the CB's they took though (Baker, Love and Ballentine? They could be starting together in nickle for the next 10 years), and both Slayton's have starter potential.

Daniel Jones is the sticking point for a lot of people... 

I loved the rest of the Giants draft. They drafted too many good CB's who I was hoping we would take. I got really pissed when Julian love went off the board. GM's are stupid. They draft tall size speed guys at CB, but I'd take Love easily over almost any corner in the class. His awareness, fluidity, and movement skills are what make $$$ at the position.

Lawrence is stupid underrated too. He's an excellent DL, who will get better if he loses some weight and keeps his arrow pointed up.