Packers UDFA Class

Packerraymond

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Thats an interesting question.....you have any answer?
This is the first I've seen of him and at first glance I thought he was gonna be a WR. Turned out to be a really fast QB. How well does he throw the ball?

They don't call them highlights for nothing...

13 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

How does that guy go UDFA?

CONS: Has a lot of lean in his back when looking to put air or distance under the football, which can cause ball to sail. Gets a whiplash effect on his throwing motion that can heavily affect accuracy downfield. Is a first-read exclusive quarterback, in part because of tendency to trust WRs, in part because of offensive scheme. Fact remains: rare to see him work to a secondary read, and processing speed and full-field vision must be put into question as a result.

As one would expect when considering offensive structure, low frequency of intermediate/middle of field throws on tape--high reliance on stick concept, flare screens, and verticals. Ability to manipulate deep and shallow zone defenders with eyes/pump fakes not evident on tape. Generally on breaking routes, needs to see receivers uncover--cannot throw them open or anticipate their break creating the necessary space to feed the ball. A little slight in build, though it isn't a huge issue in my eyes. As it stands, good at what he's asked to do--but is a spread quarterback and thereby leaves a lot of boxes with question marks.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/manny-wilkins

Edited by incognito_man

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Thats an interesting question.....you have any answer?
This is the first I've seen of him and at first glance I thought he was gonna be a WR. Turned out to be a really fast QB. How well does he throw the ball?

Obviously I'm just going by the highlights, but he looks to have a really good deep ball. I like his athleticism a lot here. Interested to seeing him play if he makes it to the preseason.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

CONS: Has a lot...

I guess so. 

I did note the weird slinging delivery, but the ball got where it needed to go.

Not getting to second reads is the biggest takeaway for me. You’re really not ready for the NFL if you are unfamiliar with processing several route options in the few seconds you get to see a play unfold. 

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I was trying to remember his name, all I could come up with was "the vanilla gorilla."   But "getting hyped about 2 super-roided out guys from the Colorado School of Mines" was one of the all time weird moments in packer fan draft history.

I think the other roid freak at least made it on a team. And I had to google vanilla gorilla and col school of mines to remember his name lol I didn't know it off the top of my head.

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:
33 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

How does that guy go UDFA?

CONS: Has a lot of lean in his back when looking to put air or distance under the football, which can cause ball to sail. Gets a whiplash effect on his throwing motion that can heavily affect accuracy downfield. Is a first-read exclusive quarterback, in part because of tendency to trust WRs, in part because of offensive scheme. Fact remains: rare to see him work to a secondary read, and processing speed and full-field vision must be put into question as a result.

As one would expect when considering offensive structure, low frequency of intermediate/middle of field throws on tape--high reliance on stick concept, flare screens, and verticals. Ability to manipulate deep and shallow zone defenders with eyes/pump fakes not evident on tape. Generally on breaking routes, needs to see receivers uncover--cannot throw them open or anticipate their break creating the necessary space to feed the ball. A little slight in build, though it isn't a huge issue in my eyes. As it stands, good at what he's asked to do--but is a spread quarterback and thereby leaves a lot of boxes with question marks.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/manny-wilkins

Looked like he would be a good fit for SEA or BAL with the read option looks those teams like to run.  

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

wasn't there a freak edge guy that was incredibly jacked on that team w/ him too? lol i miss those days 

Yeah there was like a DE or rush LB type dude that was actually more touted and ****. 

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Post all UDFA news and discussion here. Shouldn't take long after the last pick before some names come out.

Can we get the listed posted in your first post on the first page?  Might make it easier for others looking for the names.  Thanks.  

@thrILL!

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/27/tracking-the-packers-udfa-signings-following-2019-draft/

Player College Ht Wt Source
CB Nate Brooks North Texas 6-0 187 Link
TE Davis Koppenhaver Duke 6-4 240 Link
QB Manny Wilkins Arizona State 6-2 193 Link
OT Yosh Nijam Virginia Tech 6-7 324 Link
LB Randy Ramsey Arkansas 6-3 240 Link
DE Greg Roberts Baylor 6-5 258 Link
DB Javien Hamilton Ole Miss 5-10 183 Link
WR/CB Kabion Ento Colorado 6-1 194 Link
LB Curtis Bolton Oklahoma 6-0 228 Link
WR Matt Eaton Iowa State 6-4 209 Link
QB Taylor Cornelius Oklahoma State 6-6 232 Link