Packers UDFA Class

Packerraymond

15 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like we used to get better UDFAs.  Like that tackle is intriguing, but the rest aren't making much of an impression on me.

Bolton and Roberts both have a legitimate shot to make the roster.

2 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Bolton and Roberts both have a legitimate shot to make the roster.

Any of the DBs have a shot? Feel like there's a couple competitive spots there on the roster as well. 

Alexander, King, Jackson, Amos, Savage are stone-cold locks.

Jones might not count against DB roster spot.

Tramon is likely to stick.

Brown is very likely to lock down a spot.

Then I see 2-4 open spots for: Greene, Hollman, Jamerson, Redmond, Matthews, Thompson, UDFAs, and late-sign veteran FAs

1 minute ago, gizmo2012 said:

How the heck would we know at this point. Let's see what happens down the road. 

Roster in hand and I watched both of them before the draft? 

They're both talented players and it wouldn't have been a shock if either was drafted? 

9 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

How the heck would we know at this point. Let's see what happens down the road. 

Same way you know with any player that gets added through the draft? Honestly dont write people kff hust because they went undrafted and dont write peoples opinion off just because you dont understand the process and how it works.

32 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Any of the DBs have a shot? Feel like there's a couple competitive spots there on the roster as well. 

Alexander, King, Jackson, Amos, Savage are stone-cold locks.

Jones might not count against DB roster spot.

Tramon is likely to stick.

Brown is very likely to lock down a spot.

Then I see 2-4 open spots for: Greene, Hollman, Jamerson, Redmond, Matthews, Thompson, UDFAs, and late-sign veteran FAs

Yeah, 

I don't see them moving on from Brown if they didn't last year after numerous mistakes--They definitely seem high on him. Brooks is a guy that I was well aware of before the draft, but I cooled on him after he ran slower than expected. He definitely has a chance if he plays closer to the 4.5 flat I thought he'd run than the 4.6s he tested at. 

CB-

Alexander-King-Jackson - Locks 

Brown, Hollman- Highly Likely

Williams, - Likely, but depends on the rest of the roster 

Redmond, Brooks- Talented enough to force Gute's hand with a strong TC/PS

Jamerson- Potential ST stud that will likely need to earn his spot there, but lacks upside at CB in my eyes. 

Ento- Complete unknown, ceiling is probably PS spot, barring something unforeseen 

S- 

Amos, Savage- Locks 

Jones- Near lock, but he may count against either LB or S spot depending on how the roster is constructed (I'm not saying he'll necessarily switch to LB, but if there's two other guys at S they like, they could keep both and sacrifice a LB spot to keep Jones. 

Greene- Highly likely with roster in hand. Like Brown, I think GB's FO really likes him. 

Matthews- SS type that needs to prove himself in coverage, but has a shot. 

Thompson- Similar to Jamerson, athletic freak that could earn a spot via ST contributions, he lacked awareness/feel at Utah. Largely a work in progress, but there's some upside. 

Edited by Cadmus

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Only 1 ILB on that list ?? Gute / Pettine must have something up his sleeve. I wonder if he is gonna make another Morrison move as a placeholder

Zack Brown, Jon Bostic, Antonio Morrison and Stephone Anthony are still available.

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

I hope that's not part of any plan though haha. He's barely "in" the NFL.

True, but if I remember correctly, he was highly rated coming out of college wasn't he?  Maybe he's one that just needs to be in the right system.

Edited by jleisher
spelling error
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Ento- Complete unknown, ceiling is probably PS spot, barring something unforeseen 

They're playing that dude at corner? Idk who he is other than googling him after you thought he should have been strictly an invite and it said he was a wr lol

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

They're playing that dude at corner? Idk who he is other than googling him after you thought he should have been strictly an invite and it said he was a wr lol

That's what Wood reported. 

It makes sense... He had less than 400 career receiving yards in college. Really good testing numbers though, with elite jumps/10 yard split.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

That's what Wood reported. 

It makes sense... He had less than 400 career receiving yards in college. Really good testing numbers though, with elite jumps/10 yard split.  

Yeah it does. I couldn't find it anywhere that they added him as a corner so I was just checking. Thanks