Packers UDFA Class

Packerraymond

Be a good bet for at least one undrafted free agent to make the team.  Packers always like to get as many undrafted free agents on the 53 as a selling point for future undrafted free agents to sign with us.  I remember last year and the year before a couple undrafted players specifically mentioned this as the reason they chose Green Bay.  Last year I picked that ILB to be the one, but I was wrong.  This year I'll pick Kopenhagen because his name sounds the coolest. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Be a good bet for at least one undrafted free agent to make the team.  Packers always like to get as many undrafted free agents on the 53 as a selling point for future undrafted free agents to sign with us.  I remember last year and the year before a couple undrafted players specifically mentioned this as the reason they chose Green Bay.  Last year I picked that ILB to be the one, but I was wrong.  This year I'll pick Kopenhagen because his name sounds the coolest. 

And it's not even his name. It's Koppenhaver

• Like 1

Matthew Eaton, WR, Iowa State: 6-4, 209, 4.66.

Eaton_Matt.jpg

Davis Koppenhaver, TE, Duke: 6-3 ½, 245, 4.96.
3116573.png

Curtis Bolton, ILB, Oklahoma: 6-0, 228, 4.58.

3116367.png

Kabion “KB” Ento, WR, Colorado: 6-1 ½, 187, 4.53.
20170313__14BZFBUw~1.jpg

Manny Wilkins, QB, Arizona State: 6-2, 193, 4.84.
8ZI6wn1C.jpg

Larry Williams, G, Oklahoma State: 6-4, 322, 5.34.
r960-950b6976ca38f8997a4f6bcdc7336d2f.jp

Nate Brooks, CB, North Texas: 6-0, 187, 4.61.
usa_today_10423480.5.jpg

Greg Roberts, OLB, Baylor: 6-5, 258, 4.73.
3139108.png

Randy Ramsey, OLB, Arkansas: 6-3, 238, 4.73.
Hogs_vs_Colo_State_BG_1139_r600x400.jpg?

Yosh Nijman, OT,  Virginia Tech: 6-7, 324, 

USATSI_12261591-800x400.jpg

Javien Hamilton, CB, Mississippi: 5-10, 184, 4.50.

4242420.png

Edited by Chili

As poor as our SS depth is, we didn't do much in UDFA there. Must mean we're stubbornly insisting Jones play there. Either that or they'll give Jackson some looks.

Between SS and KR this team has far more confidence in house than I do.

Edited by HyponGrey

11 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

As poor as our SS depth is, we didn't do much in UDFA there. Must mean we're stubbornly insisting Jones play there. Either that or they'll give Jackson some looks.

On the brightside at least Jones won't be starting this year.  He's fine as a backup. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd

15 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

Yeah we must've just signed the best players available and willing to sign with us. 2 OL when we already had 15 on the roster. 2 QBs when we already had 3 on the roster. We have 2 UDFA QBs and 2 street FA WRs in Redding and Eaton. So guys like Kumerow, Davis, Lazard, Moore who all have NFL talent and probably want reps with Kizer are going to be taking reps with Cornelius and Wilkins. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense as far as practice planning. Usually you wanted 3 WRs for every 1 QB on the roster. We have 10 WRs for 5 QBs. Imagine one of those guys is getting cut after the orientation as there just aren't enough reps.

We're fairly shallow at S, WR and EDGE for camp bodies. We have too many QBs, RBs, &OL.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah we must've just signed the best players available and willing to sign with us. 2 OL when we already had 15 on the roster. 2 QBs when we already had 3 on the roster. We have 2 UDFA QBs and 2 street FA WRs in Redding and Eaton. So guys like Kumerow, Davis, Lazard, Moore who all have NFL talent and probably want reps with Kizer are going to be taking reps with Cornelius and Wilkins. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense as far as practice planning. Usually you wanted 3 WRs for every 1 QB on the roster. We have 10 WRs for 5 QBs. Imagine one of those guys is getting cut after the orientation as there just aren't enough reps.

We're fairly shallow at S, WR and EDGE for camp bodies. We have too many QBs, RBs, &OL.

I really hope this is more indicative of MLF's offensive philosophy than his planning skills.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Could Tre Boston still be on the radar screen? What skillset does he have in terms of fit with current personnel?

Or is Raven Green really in their plans?

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Could Tre Boston still be on the radar screen? What skillset does he have in terms of fit with current personnel?

Don't think we have any need for The Boston. No one who is a 16 game starter should have any interest here. A guy like Campbell from last year's roster would be a good add.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Don't think we have any need for The Boston. No one who is a 16 game starter should have any interest here. A guy like Campbell from last year's roster would be a good add.

That makes sense. There isnt exactly a clear career path here.
Anybody break a leg last year and needs to prove they could still play? LOL

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

I doubt it because we'd only give him a one year deal and it would be as a back up. 

I don’t know if Yosh Nijman is going to amount to anything, but I will say this: throughout the process, the guy I kept thinking of while watching him was Ereck Flowers. Nearly identical height, weight - very similar looking play style. Now, that’s not “good” per se, but at least we got him as a UDFA and not in the first round, like Flowers went. 

Who knows how much of a chance Yosh will get, but it’ll be fun to potentially watch Adam Stenavich work with him. He’s got prototypical size and athletic ability, but his technique looks like puke. If Adam helps turn that into something that looks like football, I’d feel amazing about our coaching staff