Packers UDFA Class

Packerraymond

4 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

He doesn’t get hurt, great locker room guy , has played corner some slot and FS. He’s a safety net. 

Again, I don't hate Tramon, but he has the 9th highest cap hit on the team. 

Rodgers, Bakhtiari, Graham, Adams, Daniels, Bulaga, Linsley, and Za'Darius are the only players on the team with a higher 2019 cap hit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Assuming Jenkins shows well, I could definitely see Taylor shown the door. It's not like there isn't any depth at guard. 

As far as Crosby, if we're going to develop a new kicker (by that I don't mean develop skills-- rather give someone regular season experience), why not this year? It's a semi-rebuild year with tempered expectations (to be clear, I think this can be a playoff team), but do we really want to be dealing with a rookie kicker in 2020? I don't know.  

If they want to keep Crosby long-term that's fine, but if they have intentions to move on I'd prefer it happen this season (with a favorable home schedule in terms of kicking) than next year. 

Agree on the Taylor.  You would think that there would be a decent market for a relatively good contract at the IOL position that has 2+ years of starting experience.  

Agree on Crosby as well.  Bring in competition and start looking ahead at what you need to develop.  He could likely be brought back if the rookie/replacement was having issues.

32 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Agree on the Taylor.  You would think that there would be a decent market for a relatively good contract at the IOL position that has 2+ years of starting experience.  

Agree on Crosby as well.  Bring in competition and start looking ahead at what you need to develop.  He could likely be brought back if the rookie/replacement was having issues.

I would think if Crosby got cut he would immediately be snatched up by another team.

1 hour ago, Cadmus said:

Again, I don't hate Tramon, but he has the 9th highest cap hit on the team. 

Rodgers, Bakhtiari, Graham, Adams, Daniels, Bulaga, Linsley, and Za'Darius are the only players on the team with a higher 2019 cap hit. 

It's 1 year.  And then he's gone.  FA has pretty much dried up.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's 1 year.  And then he's gone.  FA has pretty much dried up.

Yeah, but you can rollover your cap space. 

We're in the bottom 10 for projected salary cap space in 2020. Not exactly ideal. 

Hard to predict which UDFA's might make the team, because that often happens as a result of injury.  Not super often that an UDFA just outplays his way into a roster spot if his position-group goes injury-free.  ILB certainly seems a possibility.  If one of the TE's can beat out Tonyan and whatever other PS TE's we've got, maybe.  Would have thought RB would have been a vulnerable position group, given how un-shocking it would be if one of our front three RB's were to get hurt (the two carryovers, and the new Notre Dame guy).  

16 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Yeah, but you can rollover your cap space. 

We're in the bottom 10 for projected salary cap space in 2020. Not exactly ideal. 

Especially since the only bad contract left by then is Graham - about 8m which would move us up about 5 spots after a very quick look. I suck at cap stuff.

FA is expensive.

Edited by cannondale

just gonna run thru these UDFAs and rank them based upon how likely i think they are to make the team

11) Matthew Eaton | WR | Iowa State
He's talked about as the glue for the Iowa State team last year. Guys on the squad talking about him say his work ethic is crazy and he's the funniest guy on the team. Comes off really well in interviews. Easy to root for. They say he's a sure-handed redzone guy who puts in work as a blocker. Didn't put up production. Just 27-304-2 last year. Really doubtful he even makes the practice squad, but he's a good guy. Can't find any athletic testing numbers. 

10) Javien Hamilton | CB | Ole Miss
Small guy, 5'10 ~178. 4.44 40. 39 vert. Decent career at Ole Miss, had 3 INTs during his time there. Can't find anything about his game really. He's a quiet guy. Gonna be a tough go to make the roster.

9) Larry Williams | OG | Oklahoma State
Big mauler guard, he's 6'4, 330. 6th year senior. Didn't really wanna watch tape, but he was described as just being a strong mauler type. Was hard to find much info on him. He seems like a good guy though. Overcame a lot of injuries in his time at OSU, & just had a kid. We have so much competition at guard that it'd be really surprising if he was able to make the team. 

8) Kabion Ento | CB | Colorado
Played WR during his time at Colorado, but we're gonna play him at CB. Got a ton of ST work at Colorado. 6'2 with a narrow build, but really good athleticism. 4.53 40 and over a 41 inch vertical. Guys got a lot of tools and production on special teams. He's a nice project. Good guy. Gonna be really tough to make the roster. 

7) Davis Koppenhaver | TE | Duke
Redzone machine at Duke. Had 14 catches last year, 7 for TDs. Had some pretty nifty snags. He's 6'4 with a decent build, a little skinny. Can't find much info. Don't know about blocking or athletic traits. He's definitely got some pretty fluid hips though. Seems like a quiet guy. He'd have to beat out Bobby Tonyan to have a shot if we decide to keep 4 TEs, which in itself is pretty unlikely. It'd be tough for him to make it. 

6) Manny Wilkins | QB | Arizona State
3 year starter at Arizona State. In his junior and senior seasons totaled for 6200 pass yards, 40 tds, 14 ints. Also heavily used as a runner. 15 rushing TDs between his junior/senior years. 

Has a nice deep ball and doesn't play w/ a lot of tentativeness. Can work the pocket. Not a strong arm, but it's passable. Has a little too much loft on a lot of balls, kinda will grier-esque. Doesn't work thru progressions really.

I think he's a nice safe guy that bring some juice if he's gotta come into a game. Really like his demeanor and personality. I like bringing him in, lots of experience in a big program. Solidified his spot by being a really efficient guy that could get guys to rally. Can definitely push to make this team.

5) Nate Brooks | CB | North Texas
Highly productive guy out of North Texas. 6 INTs, 10 PDs last year. He's 5'10 with a pretty standard skinny frame. Can't find any athletic information on him. Watching a cut-up very briefly, plays with some juice. He plays surprisingly aggressive. Not a good form tackler, but he's definitely "interested" in at least trying to pop guys. Coverage looks decent I guess. He plays pretty aggressive. Tries to bait guys a lot. I'd be surprised if he makes it given the guys ahead, he'd have to have a hell of camp. Seems like a good kid, well-spoken positive sounding guy tho.

4) Randy Ramsey | EDGE | Arkansas
Fast, athletic pass rusher that's a little smaller than what most expect we want at the spot. Nice burst. 6'3 guy that plays around 230. 3 sacks last year, 7.5 in his career. He's got some tools. Seems like a decent guy.  

3) Curtis Bolton | ILB | Oklahoma
Tons of production at Oklahoma. 139 tackles and 4.5 sacks last year there. Super small guy, listed at 6'0, 218. He's really quick, ran a sub 4.6 40 and he moves pretty well. Missed a ton of tackles, I think the number was like 22-24, I saw it on twitter earlier, but lost it now. But he was also 1st in the big 12 on making 1st contact w/ ball carriers. So he seems like a super high motor guy. He seems to have some dog in him, not really that personable on first impressions. There were stories out there he fought a coach at half time last year. Seeing as we have one good off-ball backer, he's got a decent shot to make the team. With his little size, he's gonna have to be a ST demon. I think he's got a decent shot. 

2) Greg Roberts | EDGE | Baylor
Looks the part at 6'5, 254. Moves really well and looks strong when he plays. Unrefined as a rusher, not a lot of tools, but man he looks like a Pettine Edge. He's really able to just move guys. He's really well-spoken. Probably more so than anyone else we signed. Seems confident. Played in multiple spots along the line. He does have some disciplinary things, like he was the guy that got ejected for the skirmish with David Montgomery last year. 33 Tackles, 8 TFLs, 3 sacks last year. I got a good feeling about him. I think he's got a pretty good chance to sneak onto the roster. 

1) Yosh Nijman | OT | Virginia Tech
Monster at 6'7, 324, 34 inch arms. Out of Virginia Tech. Has a pretty remarkable athletic testing web. Nimble and powerful, but pretty rough fundamentally, late reacting to things. Had quite of bit of injuries at VT, but only missed two games this year. One of the biggest, most athletic big linemen we've had in a minute. He's really promising and is different than we have on the roster. Had a bit of draft buzz after the combine. Saw a lot of guys putting him in rds 5-7 in discussion. Seems like a really good guy. Very likable and does a lot of community work. I think he's got a strong chance to make the roster. Really rooting for him. With his attitude I think he's got a good shot to put the pieces together and stick. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Seems like he was the "get" of the group: 

Fwiw, Roberts' athletic profile (note all times/measurements are pro day)

RAS 8.84
6051 258
4.73 40
1.64 10
34.5 vert
10' broad
4.53 shuttle
7.11 3C
Waldo scores (in percentile, per usual)
Mass: 37th
Power: 57th
Speed 40: 43rd
Speed 10: 56th
Agility: 55th
Twitch: 18th

RAS overstates his level of athleticism pretty highly imo. More of a solid athlete than a great one.