Packers UDFA Class

Packerraymond

9 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

I was under the impression UDFA rooks only got like $45,000. I've never seen one with a multi year deal up in the 7 figures. 

It's just the minimum salary for three years increasing every year for your tenure in the league if he's on the roster as far as I know. It's just the standard udfa contract? Right smart guys?

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This guy had 13 sacks in a 13 game stretch before blowing out his knee in 2018. Came back this year and Herm essentially told him he was too small and he had no use for him so he left the team for train for the NFL. 6'3 215 pass rusher, so massively undersized but I love that we're taking the shot on him, was one of my sleepers as a UDFA when I saw some cutups back around Jan/Feb. He's got some speed/bend.

Koron Crump.
I like the dude for his name alone :o

KC. Works for me. :) 

So where do you see him lining up? He's the low end EDGE height range - but DB weight range.........
How long ago was the ACL? Has anybody seen him do anything that we know if he's back up to speed (?)......cause he's plenty fast enough.

Edit add on: 
Josh Jones - 6'2 / 220#
Oren Burks - 6'3 / 233#

Edited by Leader

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's just the minimum salary for three years increasing every year for your tenure in the league if he's on the roster as far as I know. It's just the standard udfa contract? Right smart guys?

Correct. 

With a $7000 signing bonus, which was the point of my original post. 

Not a huge bonus, but larger than other UDFAs such as Hamilton, etc. 

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Obviously you always see if a guy can succeed at EDGE first since it's a premium, but we definitely have ILB spot(s) open on this squad.

So a 6'3", 220lb guy with some pass-rush potential has a shot if he shows anything at ILB too

Yup.

Went back to watch his highlights again - pausing it at the snap so I could figure out where they had him lined up cause he was coming from different positions / slots - then went and looked up the specs on Jones & Burks.....................................

Only thing KCs highlights dont highlight to any great degree - is his coverage skills. They've got him nabbing an INT some 15 yards down field (thats good....) - but its only one play that I saw - but - bulk him up a bit and put him in the Box? 

Bottom line for me? Potentially another fast / aggressive component to our D. A player worth rooting for.

Again - add on edit: At 6'3 / 215# the film shows him taking on and beating tackles and OLineman - with speed, bend and spin....and stunting up thru the middle???? :)  The guy went undrafted - so you've gotta figure its an uphill climb - but I like the player I see on film. Gotta give him that much.

Edited by Leader

34 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Correct. 

With a $7000 signing bonus, which was the point of my original post. 

Not a huge bonus, but larger than other UDFAs such as Hamilton, etc. 

Yeah. I guess I didn't know how much SB money we got to throw around in that. I actually had no idea 7k was high lol

Every time some kid signs UDFA from around here and it's "3 years" I always have to explain to them how this works lol. It's exhausting. I've done it twice to week already. 

The Draft Network - UDFA With Best Chance To Make All 32 Teams

Green Bay Packers -Yosh Nijman (Virginia Tech OT)
Nijman has 22 starts at left tackle and 11 on the right side, and an intriguing combination of size and agility. With no clear succesor behind impending free agent Bryan Bulaga, Nijman may have a future starting on the right side of the Packers line.

Add on edit:
Minnesota Vikings - Jake Browning (Washington QB)
Chicago Bears - Alex Bars (Notre Dame IOL)
Detroit Lions - Beau Benzschawel (Wisconsin OL)

Edited by Leader

Koron Crump has some nice tape. At his weight I cannot see him play anywhere else except the moneybacker position, a role what Josh Jones should''ve been doing for us but for whatever some reason not been used that way. I imagine Oren Burks will have added more weight on since he was drafted and should be directly competing with Martinez. I think he may be too heavy to play in Jones position and that's where Crump could come in.

A decent review here: https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/1/15/18179332/2019-nfl-draft-prospect-koron-crump-olb-arizona-state-a-late-round-super-sleeper

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Koron Crump.
I like the dude for his name alone :o

KC. Works for me. :) 

So where do you see him lining up? He's the low end EDGE height range - but DB weight range.........
How long ago was the ACL? Has anybody seen him do anything that we know if he's back up to speed (?)......cause he's plenty fast enough.

Edit add on: 
Josh Jones - 6'2 / 220#
Oren Burks - 6'3 / 233#

Did Crump do any workouts/testing?

UPDATE:
LB Koron Crump
4.8 RAS
6022, 215
4.6 40, 1.67 10
30" Vert
9'11'' Broad
4.36 Shuttle
7.41 3C

yuck

Edited by rcon14

Just now, rcon14 said:

Did Crump do any workouts/testing?

Got the following (good) background info from @Chili

In the article I posted I got the impression he suffered his injury in 2017 and came back in time to play college football in 2018 so he has been fully healthy for at least 8 months. He was able to run a 4.5 at Arizona pro day.

Leaving the team was probably ill advised as scouts will see this as "quitting on his team". He had another 8 games to showcase why he should be drafted and he walked away from that opportunity. Scouts will no doubtfully see this as "mentally weak", giving up when circumstances got tough for him.

The injury, poor performances in 2018 season, leaving early, his very undersized nature for the position all contributed to him going undrafted.

I would be very surprised if he can challenge Josh Jones for that particular role. Realistically he is probably just a camp body despite that nice tape.

• Like 1

I've found these stats. 

Dates: 03/27/19 
Hand: 09 1/2  Arm: 32 1/4
Wingspan: 78 5/8

Height: 6022
Weight: 215
40 Yrd Dash: 4.60
20 Yrd Dash: 2.66
10 Yrd Dash: 1.67
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 18
Vertical Jump: 30
Broad Jump: 09'11''
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.36
3-Cone Drill: 7.41

I'm getting differing 40 times from various places.

Devilindetail: "unofficial 4.53 40-yard dash."

247sports: "ran a sub 4.5-second 40-yard dash"

Draft Analyst: 4.72