Packers UDFA Class

Packerraymond

Nydair Rouse interview:

"Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?"

On May 14th, 2016, I was shot in the head in North Philadelphia. I overcame it by having the mindset that I’m fortunate to be alive and still being able to play this sport of football, I went on and had the best season of my career and made 0 excuses.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2018/12/nydair-rouse/

• Like 4

Props to him for making no excuses; if I was shot in the head and survived that would be my go to excuse for everything.

"you were supposed to be here 30 minutes ago" - "sorry, I was shot in the head"

"this chili is too spicy" - "yeah, but I was shot in the head."

"you were supposed to bring the ice" - I WAS SHOT IN THE HEAD" 

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 11

22 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Props to him for making no excuses; if I was shot in the head and survived that would be my go to excuse for everything.

"you were supposed to be here 30 mines ago" - "sorry, I was shot in the head"

"this chili is too spicy" - "yeah, but I was shot in the head."

"you were supposed to bring the ice" - I WAS SHOT IN THE HEAD" 

What do you mean you forgot our anniversay?  -I WAS SHOT IN THE HEAD.

Take the garbage out.- I WAS SHOT IN THE HEAD.

Uh, that's my sister, not me.  - I WAS SHOT IN THE HEAD.

Yah, it works on all levels.

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Chili said:

Koron Crump has some nice tape. At his weight I cannot see him play anywhere else except the moneybacker position, a role what Josh Jones should''ve been doing for us but for whatever some reason not been used that way. I imagine Oren Burks will have added more weight on since he was drafted and should be directly competing with Martinez. I think he may be too heavy to play in Jones position and that's where Crump could come in.

A decent review here: https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/1/15/18179332/2019-nfl-draft-prospect-koron-crump-olb-arizona-state-a-late-round-super-sleeper

I'm not so sure Burks would be directly competing with Martinez. It makes more sense that he'd be the guy NEXT to Martinez and that he would be competing with Jones, Crump, Bolton, and MAYBE Randy Ramsey for that 2nd position.

I think Crump will be one of those guys who gets thrown in 15 different spots in experimental packages and finds his way to the PS if his mental game checks out well...

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'm not so sure Burks would be directly competing with Martinez. It makes more sense that he'd be the guy NEXT to Martinez and that he would be competing with Jones, Crump, Bolton, and MAYBE Randy Ramsey for that 2nd position.

I think Crump will be one of those guys who gets thrown in 15 different spots in experimental packages and finds his way to the PS if his mental game checks out well...

Martinez and Burks probably aren't competing for reps in the base and standard nickel, but they sure are in the dime and light nickel, and we play a lot of dime and light nickel.

• Like 3

On 4/30/2019 at 1:18 PM, Packerraymond said:

This guy had 13 sacks in a 13 game stretch before blowing out his knee in 2018. Came back this year and Herm essentially told him he was too small and he had no use for him so he left the team for train for the NFL. 6'3 215 pass rusher, so massively undersized but I love that we're taking the shot on him, was one of my sleepers as a UDFA when I saw some cutups back around Jan/Feb. He's got some speed/bend.

This guy can mooove.

Includes a few highlights of him eating Dillard's lunch...

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 5

KC seen thru the eyes of Arizona Sports  -  October 9, 2018

Senior linebacker Koron Crump has left the Arizona State football team, according to a report by Sun Devil Source’s Chris Karpman.

Crump is expected to continue rehabbing from prolonged recovery due to a torn ACL in his left knee to prepare for Arizona State’s pro day and, ultimately, the NFL Draft.

The linebacker earned a sixth year of eligibility in January after suffering the ACL injury in September 2017. The 6-foot-3, 215-pound linebacker had to that point tallied 13 tackles and 4.0 sacks through three games.

Since returning this year, he’s played in limited duty for the Sun Devils, recording six total tackles through ASU’s 3-3 start.

In his first year with Arizona State in 2016, Crump played in 11 games, tallying 37 tackles and nine sacks with an interception, three forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.

(Somebody to root for IMO......)