Packers UDFA Class

Packerraymond

6 hours ago, HyponGrey said:

For half a second the name Carl Bradford crossed my mind, then I remembered Herm took over that team, so they couldn't have played the same system role.

He thrived in the same scheme Bradford did but is definitely a much different athlete. It was Herm who told him he had no use for him other than ST so he left the team to focus on the draft.

42 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He thrived in the same scheme Bradford did but is definitely a much different athlete. It was Herm who told him he had no use for him other than ST so he left the team to focus on the draft.

You'd mentioned this previously and I thought to just let it go given this player's status and likelihood to make the team/contribute - but since you've repeated it, the same question came back to me: do you have any insights on why Herm told him to get lost (my wording entirely......).

We dont think you'll get up to speed fast enough to contribute?
Somebody else has proven they're better than you?
I asked your Mom on a date and she shot me down.....so go away kid.

?

45 minutes ago, Leader said:

You'd mentioned this previously and I thought to just let it go given this player's status and likelihood to make the team/contribute - but since you've repeated it, the same question came back to me: do you have any insights on why Herm told him to get lost (my wording entirely......).

We dont think you'll get up to speed fast enough to contribute?
Somebody else has proven they're better than you?
I asked your Mom on a date and she shot me down.....so go away kid.

?

Because he's not a good coach anymore. He's a my way or the highway guy like most of the early 2000s NFL coaches (see Jon Gruden). 

He didn't tell him to get lost though, Crump knew he was one injury away from not having any chance at an NFL field even as a UDFA, so when regulated to ST only he left the team. Let your past film speak for itself and stay healthy enough to get your shot. Looks like it worked for him.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Because he's not a good coach anymore. He's a my way or the highway guy like most of the early 2000s NFL coaches (see Jon Gruden). 

He didn't tell him to get lost though, Crump knew he was one injury away from not having any chance at an NFL field even as a UDFA, so when regulated to ST only he left the team. Let your past film speak for itself and stay healthy enough to get your shot. Looks like it worked for him.

There ya go. Thanks for that. Had forgotten I'd asked the question and that puts it into good perspective. Hey listen - I dont know the guy from Adam - but it would be nice to have that kind of speed and aggression on the field. He'll probably have to make it on STs - so visions of him coming 'round the edge or stunting up the middle - probably far fetched - but I hope he makes it.

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

We definitely agree on them being two different athletes, but I'm naturally distrustful of that "devilbacker" role they had.