2019 Draft Recap

RaidersAreOne

What are your first impressions of this class?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What are your first impressions of this class?

• I LOVE it. Best draft in a long time!
    • It's good. I'm happy Mayock is in charge.
    • Meh. Would have done things differently but not the worst.
    • I'm pretty disappointed. How did we mess this up?
    • Go - yourself Mayock!

The 2019 draft has come and gone! I think this was a true Mayock draft which is awesome to see as some of us were nervous Gruden would still be in control.

1. Clelin Ferrell, DE
  2. Josh Jacobs, RB
  3. Jonathan Abram, S
  4. Trayvon Mullen, CB
  5. Maxx Crosby, DE
  6. Isaiah Johnson, CB
  7. Foster Moreau, TE
  8. Hunter Renfrow, WR
  9. Quinton Bell, DE

What are your first impressions of this class? Let's rip this thing apart!

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 1

I'm glad it's over. 

Josh Jacobs is my favorite pick.

They played it safe with this year's draft. Is it the worst draft no but its a good draft. I can't wait to see them on the field. 

The team is definitely better than it was before the draft.

• Like 3

Not a fan of the R4 and R5 picks but our first four picks will be solid players. 

Ferrell was my favorite EDGE next to Bosa. Gonna be a terrific player. Even better version of Graham. Leader with unmatched character and charisma, 10 sacks a year guy, and Elite Run Defender. 

Jacobs will be a good three down running back. Not great but good and our RB issue is now solved. He’s a violent runner which I love. 

Abram is a better version of Karl Joseph. Basically everything Joseph was suppose to be. Basically an upgrade instead of a starter but that’s fine. We weren’t paying Joseph next year anyways. Might as well address it now right?

Mullen is a terrific press man corner with outstanding awareness. He shut down Alabamas WRs in the National Championship. 

Let’s roll boys. 

• Like 1

Some picks I really liked, others....not so much. I think we're seeing Mayock being himself in that he has his own rankings and values that don't always coincide with the consensus. He was the same way on TV over the years. There are a few picks that definitely have Gruden's fingerprints on them but I think as of now it seems like they're working well in tandem. All in all, I'm excited to see how this class contributes.

• Like 1

Solid draft, from beginning to end. Addressed need areas with talented players. Added a lot of talent to the roster and we are a lot better than we were Thursday morning. 

Was really impressed with Mayock, loved how he maneuvered up and down the board and got value on his trades. He had a plan and he stuck with it. He targeted his guys and went and got them. 

I think overall we played it safe and weren’t too flashy. I like the approach because we needed good football players. As the roster fills out, I expect us to be a little more aggressive, but this year we needed to play it safe. 

I was a little worried on how this would all work out, but I like the Mayock/Gruden tandem and believe they worked well together. Can’t wait for next year when the roster is a little more stocked and Mayock has his own scouts that he trusts. We’re in good hands. 

Go Raiders! 

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Was really impressed with Mayock, loved how he maneuvered up and down the board and got value on his trades.

100%. That was what I was probably most relieved to see. We got good value when we traded down. It was refreshing. However I still wish we slide down a few spots at least to take Ferrell. Oh well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

100%. That was what I was probably most relieved to see. We got good value when we traded down. It was refreshing. However I still wish we slide down a few spots at least to take Ferrell. Oh well.

I’m sure we tried but you need a partner. Also, don’t want to move too far back and miss out on your guy. I’m in the minority that is fine with Ferrell at where we go him.

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I’m sure we tried but you need a partner. Also, don’t want to move too far back and miss out on your guy. I’m in the minority that is fine with Ferrell at where we go him.

Yeah agreed, We don’t know how high other teams had Ferrell. Could of been high on all boards and could of went to Detroit at 8 for all we know. He fits their scheme to a T.