2019 Draft Recap

RaidersAreOne

What are your first impressions of this class?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What are your first impressions of this class?

• I LOVE it. Best draft in a long time!
    • It's good. I'm happy Mayock is in charge.
    • Meh. Would have done things differently but not the worst.
    • I'm pretty disappointed. How did we mess this up?
    • Go - yourself Mayock!

36 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

same tier of player.. Lawerence better against the run with pass rush potential, Hurst better pass rusher but sucks against run so far.. Hurst dropped because of his heart or else he would have been a mid 1st or 2nd rounder 

Man you people with this false narrative about Hurst being bad against the run he had trouble at times but he doesn't suck, makes me question if you really watch the DL in games.

Edited by raidr4life

On 4/29/2019 at 6:24 AM, roi34 said:

If we got ferrel/sweat/Jacobs in round one everyone would be pumped

Is it just me or did Sweat’s college coach say he was a great football player, but you cant yell at him because he doesn't respond well to being yelled at?  Based off that, I am not sure he would have been a good fit for a Jon Gruden coached team.  I just think he had character issues and wouldn't have meshed well with Gruden. 

• Like 2

While I really like Trayvon Mullen, pretty sure Rock Ya Sin would of been the pick if he didn’t get picked one spot before us at 35. The Raiders wanted a Press Man Corner and Rock Ya Sin was the best press man corner in the draft. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

While I really like Trayvon Mullen, pretty sure Rock Ya Sin would of been the pick if he didn’t get picked one spot before us at 35. The Raiders wanted a Press Man Corner and Rock Ya Sin was the best press man corner in the draft. 

I too think that would have been the pick.

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It was odd that team traded in front of Oakland consistently throughout the draft. 

Why u think reggie brother was fired on Monday. They bout to get rid of all reggie scouts as they should. 

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

watch out for that fresno state kid

McMarion. Right. The guy has athleticism for sure but he’s not a good passer. He also didn’t really put up numbers in the QB friendly Tedford offense. I respect the Fresno State love but homeboy is a long ways from a TC invite. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It was odd that team traded in front of Oakland consistently throughout the draft. 

I noticed that too.  We were jumped for Sweat and Rock Ya-Sin.  Never really see that happen very often.  But there was that jump to 22 to pick that OL, Mayock was seeing that as well.  It seems like a handful of teams have leaks.  I'm completely fine with getting rid of our scouting personnel, bunch of back stabbing, money grubbing tools.

Just now, Jerry said:

I noticed that too.  We were jumped for Sweat and Rock Ya-Sin.  Never really see that happen very often.  But there was that jump to 22 to pick that OL, Mayock was seeing that as well.  It seems like a handful of teams have leaks.  I'm completely fine with getting rid of our scouting personnel, bunch of back stabbing, money grubbing tools.

I'm not sure we wanted Sweat, but I'm just saying, we got jumped and they took him, so there's always the possibility that he really was our pick and Abram just happened to be our fall-back option.