2019 Draft Recap

RaidersAreOne

What are your first impressions of this class?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What are your first impressions of this class?

• I LOVE it. Best draft in a long time!
    • It's good. I'm happy Mayock is in charge.
    • Meh. Would have done things differently but not the worst.
    • I'm pretty disappointed. How did we mess this up?
    • Go - yourself Mayock!

15 hours ago, roi34 said:

Hurst is better pro prospect coming in. Dexter doesn't offer much pass rush atm compared to Hurst coming in. Plus 1st round vs mid round

I was more so comparing Hurst to Wilkins and Lawrence to Hankins.  Lawrence v Hurst is a little ridiculous because they are 2 very different players physically.

Dexter Lawrence (Monster NT)

6' 4"
342 lbs
34 3/4”
84" WS
10 1/2"
5.05 40 yd (Pulled quad and pulled up at the end)
1.76 10 yd
36 reps

Maurice Hurst (Undersized 3T)

6' 1"
292 lbs
32”
76 3/4" WS
9 1/2"
4.9-5.08 40 yd
1.73 10 yd
29 reps

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

McMarion. Right. The guy has athleticism for sure but he’s not a good passer. He also didn’t really put up numbers in the QB friendly Tedford offense. I respect the Fresno State love but homeboy is a long ways from a TC invite. 

Landry Jones and Nate Peterman aren't exactly all world. I could see him sneaking on the team as a third stringer. he is accurate, an athlete, size, and work ethic... could see him as a 3rd stringer learning the ropes or ps....  development back QB...

15 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Landry Jones and Nate Peterman aren't exactly all world. I could see him sneaking on the team as a third stringer. he is accurate, an athlete, size, and work ethic... could see him as a 3rd stringer learning the ropes or ps....  development back QB...

It's funny.... there was a poster here by the name of EA21 who was also a ridiculous Fresno homer. Almost like you're the same person?!?

You keep trying to build up these terrible Fresno State players and they are just not any good.

McMaryion's scouting report - Has a long, slow delivery. Floats passes vertically and horizontally. Has no anticipation in his throwing. He has to see it and delays before releasing it. Doesn't read defense pre or post snap. Undersized and plays in a QB friendly offense. 

He's a tryout player. Didn't even get priority FA privilege. And you see him "sneaking on the team as a third stringer"

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Absolutely zero chance

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Both of those guys have NFL experience. Sure in Peterman’s case it’s terrible NFL experience but he’s played in games. 

McMarion is a poor mans Terrel Pryor. He could probably find a spot on the practice squad at best. I wouldn’t hold out hope. 

I work for a news organization that covers Fresno State, we have a weekly show, Bulldog Insider. Having seen a lot of him i can tell you BP’s assessment is pretty spot on. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Both of those guys have NFL experience. Sure in Peterman’s case it’s terrible NFL experience but he’s played in games. 

McMarion is a poor mans Terrel Pryor. He could probably find a spot on the practice squad at best. I wouldn’t hold out hope. 

I work for a news organization that covers Fresno State, we have a weekly show, Bulldog Insider. Having seen a lot of him i can tell you BP’s assessment is pretty spot on. 

He’s a gamer tho, he just moves the chains...he transferred from Oregon State and kinda raw... I wouldn’t expect him to make noise but he is the classic underdog story... 

9 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

He’s a gamer tho, he just moves the chains...he transferred from Oregon State and kinda raw... I wouldn’t expect him to make noise but he is the classic underdog story... 

He's a classic future grocery bagger.

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like how a lot of our rookies are 21 or 22... gone are the days of Reggie drafting guys 25 or 26 lol.... 21 year olds could have easily came back to college and been drafted higher(bit more raw tho )

Says the guy who's been begging for a 33 year old RB to stay another year.