Raider UDFA's

RaidersAreOne

On 5/11/2019 at 8:08 PM, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Legit? None of them were drafted.

So? Jalen richard wasnt drafted either. Who won rookie of year last year? Draft status doesn't always determine how good you will be.

Hate this line of thinking or defense.

11 hours ago, roi34 said:

So? Jalen richard wasnt drafted either. Who won rookie of year last year? Draft status doesn't always determine how good you will be.

Hate this line of thinking or defense.

Right.... but you are talking about guy who made a team. They are talking about @Humble_Beast a Fresno homer calling guys "legit" who didn't even get try outs or make a squad. 

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Right.... but you are talking about guy who made a team. They are talking about @Humble_Beast a Fresno homer calling guys "legit" who didn't even get try outs or make a squad. 

I'm not saying he's right just saying some guys dont get a shot but could be good. 

8 hours ago, billking said:

Well if the scouting department does their job hopefully they can find that elusive "legit" player. The draft seems so predictable at times and then someone does that unpredictable pick like so many think we did. 

The most unpredictable thing in the draft is between the ears. A person can have all the talent in the world, but if the mindset isn't right, it will fail them. 

If I'm an NFL team, I keep a sports psychologist on staff at all times to work on the mental side of the game with young players.

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The most unpredictable thing in the draft is between the ears. A person can have all the talent in the world, but if the mindset isn't right, it will fail them. 

If I'm an NFL team, I keep a sports psychologist on staff at all times to work on the mental side of the game with young players.

Isn't that the 49ers model.  The guys name was Harry Edwards.

On 5/17/2019 at 4:54 AM, big_palooka said:

Absolutely, intangibles is so vague a term, players put out 100% effort I believe on the field pretty much always its guys that have the mental intensity is what gives them the edge over players of equal ability, that is what athletes like Steph Curry have, they don't let the flow of the game affect their intensity, effort is one thing intensity separates. I think if I were an owner I would hire people that specifically find that sort of trait in my players, Tom Brady for a football example doesn't have much in physical tools than other players but his game time intensity is unflappable.