Raider UDFA's

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Impressive if Coney has a strong camp/preseason maybe Paul G/Gruden think of him as MLB of the future and try to develop him 

could see: 

MLB: Marshall/Coney - if Coney shows he is the man we can shift guys around 

WLB: Whitehead/ Farmer or Morrow - Farmer and Morrow both similar players, undersized speed demons.... Maybe one of them stands out during camp 

SLB: Vontaze/ Lee or Cabinda - if Coney truly is a stud Cabinda could shift over to SLB and battle Lee for a backup spot. Paul G defense is more so 4-2-5 so SLB is usually the first LB out game. A 2 down thumper is okay at this spot 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Lee losing a lot of weight should help a little too. I still have high hopes for Cabinda. I hope he slowly steals time from Burfict or Marshall and be comes the guy going forward.

I feel like this has been the sentiment regarding the LBs for 10 years. Last year it was Marrow, now it's Cabinda. Next year it's Covey.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I feel like this has been the sentiment regarding the LBs for 10 years. Last year it was Marrow, now it's Cabinda. Next year it's Covey.

Ehh, Cabinda actually looked pretty good for us down the stretch though. PFF isn't great but at least they can point out some positives. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Impressive if Coney has a strong camp/preseason maybe Paul G/Gruden think of him as MLB of the future and try to develop him 

could see: 

MLB: Marshall/Coney - if Coney shows he is the man we can shift guys around 

WLB: Whitehead/ Farmer or Morrow - Farmer and Morrow both similar players, undersized speed demons.... Maybe one of them stands out during camp 

SLB: Vontaze/ Lee or Cabinda - if Coney truly is a stud Cabinda could shift over to SLB and battle Lee for a backup spot. Paul G defense is more so 4-2-5 so SLB is usually the first LB out game. A 2 down thumper is okay at this spot 

You liked him more than Devin White right? 

I like Coney a lot. Way more than the usual ILB we take in the 4th/5th: Burris, Lee, Heeney, etc. Coney is a true MLB in a 4-3, tremendous size, speed is ok, and his game is extremely well rounded. Getting him as a UDFA really is a steal. That Notre Dame Defense was Top Four with Clemson, Alabama, and Georgia and Coney is a huge reason why. He was a great player and leader of that defense. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I like Coney a lot. Way more than the usual ILB we take in the 4th/5th: Burris, Lee, Heeney, etc. Coney is a true MLB in a 4-3, tremendous size, speed is ok, and his game is extremely well rounded. Getting him as a UDFA really is a steal. That Notre Dame Defense was Top Four with Clemson, Alabama, and Georgia and Coney is a huge reason why. He was a great player and leader of that defense. 

Went undrafted for a reason. He's more of the same the Raiders have had. Slow sideline to sideline, poor change of direction based on testing. 

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Getting real tired of the Hurr Durr I can quote PFF look how smart I am crowd. Not picking on raidr4life, he didn’t do it like that. But I see it on Twitter a lot. 

100%. That's all anyone does anymore. PFF is the worst thing to happen to football. You can't grade this sport.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Went undrafted for a reason. He's more of the same the Raiders have had. Slow sideline to sideline, poor change of direction based on testing. 

He's still a much better two down thumper than guys like Lee, Burris, and Heeney ever were. Is he our MLB of the future? Odds are probably under 35% on that but I'm just saying I like him a lot better than those guys.