Bears Plan to Start QB Glennon All Season

Dr LBC

On 7/17/2017 at 10:55 PM, domepatrol91 said:

Lots of teams are planning lots of things this time of year. Many will miss their mark.

I think Trubisky plays in at least 4 games. 

My thoughts exactly. I see Trubisky will start 4-6 games unless Glennon is just terrible and they have to bench him, which is very possible. 

We can't really put this all on Glennon. He's shown to have the skills necessary to play in this league, but the bigger question is do the Bears actually have a competent enough offense to support him? That's really going to be what determines whether or not we see Trubisky this season. Right now, I'm not seeing a whole lot of help for Glennon on that side of the ball outside of Jordan Howard.

TCs haven't even started yet, this is really the only real answer you can give if you're the Bears. Sam Bradford was the official Eagles starting QB in 2016 and that was the story until he was traded in September, a week before the start of the year. It's too early to tell what's actually going to happen.

Just want to chime in and say this is an excellent decision. I don't necessarily agree with boxing in the team to a particular quarterback, but I'm fine with it if it means giving your prized investment a year to learn on the job without the stress of needing to be the QB1 right off the bat.

Good on Chicago. Let Glennon take the reigns in 2017, reevaluate after the season, and go from there. Glennon could be a trade piece, even with that contract, if he performs to par in 2017. If not, then Trubisky steps in and can replace him. 

On 7/17/2017 at 10:43 PM, bucsfan333 said:

They say that now. But if Glennon struggles and da Bears are losing, fans will scream for Trubisky.

You say that like it isn't the plan. How better to get all of Chicago on Trubisky's side?

I hope that they do start him the whole season. Now, he might not win them a lot of games, but they need to give Trubisky time to learn and develop. I feel like they probably won't though, they'll stick for Glennon for a while and then late int he season make the move.

Archived