Cowboys Full Draft - How do you feel?

Texas_OutLaw7

I waited a few days to give my opinion, because I wanted my thoughts to "marinate" a little longer. Truth is, with a draft, it's always nice to hit on some late rd picks, but the meat and Potato of any draft is how well the early picks turn out to be. 

Our 2nd rder is at one of my most desired positions throughout the years and Dallas finally drafted on early. So how can I complain. The film on Hill was actually quite impressive, so my hopes are up. 

While I understand the reason for drafting our 3rd rounder, I am a bit hesitant to feel anything overwhelming positive because I am still stuck in the Chazz Green mode of, we could have drafted someone better. 

Not getting TE is disappointing but if we didn't get one early, then I didn't want another mid to late rder anyway. We have too many of those types already.

Witten better be good this year otherwise I will be screaming again, "weapons, weapons weapons"!!!!! 

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

And the buffet line. They go hand in hand usually.

He had better be getting bigger because strength isn't an issue for the incoming rookie OG.

In terms of prospects.

Williams>>>McGovern

I felt Williams only real question mark was strength, his mobility, tenacity, and instincts were great. McGoverns tape doesn't really inspire me so hopefully he is working to improve his bend, his lateral agility among other things. Cause Williams doesn't have that problem.

52 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

In terms of prospects.

Williams>>>McGovern

I felt Williams only real question mark was strength, his mobility, tenacity, and instincts were great. McGoverns tape doesn't really inspire me so hopefully he is working to improve his bend, his lateral agility among other things. Cause Williams doesn't have that problem.

Eye of the beholder, Sturm seems to believe a lot of teams are going to regret passing on Him. Gil Brandt had him at 31 in his 150 board. 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Eye of the beholder, Sturm seems to believe a lot of teams are going to regret passing on Him. Gil Brandt had him at 31 in his 150 board. 

I shudder to think of all the better prospects he had McGovern above. But on that note if I remember correctly he thought Connor Williams was a Top 10 prospect.

Connor's biggest problems were the bull rushers, but even in the NFL I have seen him handle some monsters despite his bad game tape. He performed much better against the Redskins the 2nd time around and against their 2 stud tackles of all people.

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

In terms of prospects.

Williams>>>McGovern

Williams doesn't have that problem at his original weight. With added strength comes added weight, and it's possible he lost some agility, mobility, and bend.

I agree CWill was rated higher coming out but that means exactly nothing. RG3 was rated higher than Cousins coming out. 

If CWill actually put on a bunch of weight(excuse me if I'm skeptical of internet photos), and kept his agility then he should be better. 

But last time I saw, he couldn't beat out XSF who has nothing but NFL strength and little technique.

Edited by DaBoys

It was a interesting draft and very hard to make a read as the top players have very little wow factor that you can get behind  

personally I don’t see it as well as the past three drafts. But  What a third of our 22 starters came on the past three drafts

that’s a huge percentage   I do see three years down the road two more potential starters so in that sense it is not a failure. 

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Williams doesn't have that problem at his original weight. With added strength comes added weight, and it's possible he lost some agility, mobility, and bend.

Sure it is. But I don't think he would have done it unless he was sure he could. And I'm sure team doctors have worked with him on it. I'm not too worried so long as we don't hear about him being like 330 or something.

I agree CWill was rated higher coming out but that means exactly nothing. RG3 was rated higher than Cousins coming out. 

He was a better prospect though. And I still would have rated McGovern a 4th rounder at best.

If CWill actually put on a bunch of weight(excuse me if I'm skeptical of internet photos), and kept his agility then he should be better. 

But last time I saw, he couldn't beat out XSF who has nothing but NFL strength and little techniqu

I think he got overwhelmed his rookie season so they took him out. But watch his last few games he seemed to have really grown into his own. You could see a very noticable difference between his 1st game with the Redskins to his 2nd. I'm confident he's back better then before.

• Like 1