Cowboys Full Draft - How do you feel?

Texas_OutLaw7

One factor that can not be overstated I feel is reducing Jerry’s influence and ego from the draft room.  Jerry seems more willing to listen which is a good thing.

I also feel draft success breads success later as each year you improve your overall depth making it easier to not be forced to draft to a need or give you choices on your FA thus you don’t have to hit a HR and instead can pick a player you know will be good rather then having to pick some one you hope will be great

3 hours ago, quiller said:

One factor that can not be overstated I feel is reducing Jerry’s influence and ego from the draft room.  Jerry seems more willing to listen which is a good thing.

I also feel draft success breads success later as each year you improve your overall depth making it easier to not be forced to draft to a need or give you choices on your FA thus you don’t have to hit a HR and instead can pick a player you know will be good rather then having to pick some one you hope will be great

Nah. I think Jerry is finally hitting his age and just doesn't care to fight as much anymore and play king.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Don't wish for the fall of a Cersei so early in the hopes of getting a Jon Snow only to be handed a Khaleesi

I’ve never bought into the “the devil you know...” bit. Jerry is terrible, has always been terrible, and will always be terrible. The only way we will be free is when he dies and that inbred family sells the team.

19 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Don't wish for the fall of a Cersei so early in the hopes of getting a Jon Snow only to be handed a Khaleesi

Here's hoping Dany does win. It would be a far more interesting finale then w/e generic happy go lucky ending they have planned.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Here's hoping Dany does win. It would be a far more interesting finale then w/e generic happy go lucky ending they have planned.

From someone who never liked her that much, Dany dying is definitely not a happy ending

On 5/17/2019 at 2:27 PM, plan9misfit said:

I’ve never bought into the “the devil you know...” bit. Jerry is terrible, has always been terrible, and will always be terrible. The only way we will be free is when he dies and that inbred family sells the team.

I will grant you Jerry “terrible” in the way he dealt with the super bowl wins but he was one of the major reason why we had those super bowl rings here so....  

and yeah that terrible Lasted a while but sense early mid 2000’s or so that terrible has been slowly decreasing 

• 1 month later...

Sorry this is late but I had to wait for Ourlads Draft Review to get here. Remember Ourlads  keeps a philosophy where every team must draft an OL every year and a QB every two years. That is not their only principal but it factors into the grades they assign. Grades for the "Boys:

2019 grade: Average

2018 grade: Above average

2017 grade: Average

2016 grade: Very good

2015 grade: Below average

2014 grade: Average

On 7/11/2019 at 9:53 AM, TVScout said:

Sorry this is late but I had to wait for Ourlads Draft Review to get here. Remember Ourlads  keeps a philosophy where every team must draft an OL every year and a QB every two years. That is not their only principal but it factors into the grades they assign. Grades for the "Boys:

2019 grade: Average

2018 grade: Above average

2017 grade: Average

2016 grade: Very good

2015 grade: Below average

2014 grade: Average

I'd say our drafting grade for the last 5 years has been borderline great. In terms of letters I would give us a B+ or A-.