Cowboys Full Draft - How do you feel?

Texas_OutLaw7

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

My only real issue with the draft was missing out on another relatively deep TE class.

Counting on Witten to put this group over the top just doesn't do anything for me at all. 

I like what I saw from Jarwin as a receiving threat. Showed pretty good speed separation and hands. 

Just now, WizardHawk said:

My only real issue with the draft was missing out on another relatively deep TE class.

Counting on Witten to put this group over the top just doesn't do anything for me at all. 

If I was to take the front office's side for a second I'd say they had to be true to the BPA concept. Seems like really no where we picked there was a great value at TE. Late 2nd I think sternbeger was there but they really really liked Hill. 3rd round dawson was there but they had a 2nd round grade on the OT from penn.

Stephen and co. said in the presser they except decent minutes out of our picks. Seems far fetched to say that tbh but they were really high on every guy we picked.

4 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

I like what I saw from Jarwin as a receiving threat. Showed pretty good speed separation and hands. 

Jarwin showed well down the stretch, but a lot of that is hedged on one game. If he continues to progress, along with Schultz isn't a non-issue. I just don't believe there is enough evidence is place to not address position. 

4 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

If I was to take the front office's side for a second I'd say they had to be true to the BPA concept. Seems like really no where we picked there was a great value at TE. Late 2nd I think sternbeger was there but they really really liked Hill. 3rd round dawson was there but they had a 2nd round grade on the OT from penn.

Stephen and co. said in the presser they except decent minutes out of our picks. Seems far fetched to say that tbh but they were really high on every guy we picked.

I take this with a grain of salt. It's like college recruiting. Every coach loves their recruiting class, every FO loves their draft. You would be hard pressed to convince me that Dallas wouldn't like a do over in the 4th rd. 

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Jarwin showed well down the stretch, but a lot of that is hedged on one game. If he continues to progress, along with Schultz isn't a non-issue. I just don't believe there is enough evidence is place to not address position. 

I take this with a grain of salt. It's like college recruiting. Every coach loves their recruiting class, every FO loves their draft. You would be hard pressed to convince me that Dallas wouldn't like a do over in the 4th rd. 

if they were afraid of losing Isaiah over Pollard they wouldve have done it but they really liked Pollard ofc. hard to debate that

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well I think they made a serious mistake there. 

Yeah but like you are trying to predict 31 other teams real time decisions over a 6 minute time span each. It's not gonna go your way every time. It was a mistake but I respect the reasoning atleast? if it had no explanation id be mad like the Bears & Trubisky incident

2 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Yeah but like you are trying to predict 31 other teams real time decisions over a 6 minute time span each. It's not gonna go your way every time. It was a mistake but I respect the reasoning atleast? if it had no explanation id be mad like the Bears & Trubisky incident

I just cant understand the idea of Pollard being more talented and a better value then as oppose to Johnson. 

We even had a shot at Boykin among others and didnt take it. I'm hoping they make a big impact. But I still look at a guy like Xavier Rhodes and then look at Fredbeard knowing we probably could have both right now. It's how i feel here. I feel like our draft could have gone like this easy. 

2- Thornhill

3- Hill

4- Johnson

5-pollard

With the other guys coming later. 

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I just cant understand the idea of Pollard being more talented and a better value then as oppose to Johnson. 

We even had a shot at Boykin among others and didnt take it. I'm hoping they make a big impact. But I still look at a guy like Xavier Rhodes and then look at Fredbeard knowing we probably could have both right now. It's how i feel here. I feel like our draft could have gone like this easy. 

2- Thornhill

3- Hill

4- Johnson

5-pollard

With the other guys coming later. 

Thats like so subjective to each team. Whats more impactful to our roster right now? another long corner or a RB/WR mismatch for our offense?

If they liked Johnson so much why didnt they pick him? They liked Pollard as the better player

2 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Thats like so subjective to each team. Whats more impactful to our roster right now? another long corner or a RB/WR mismatch for our offense?

If they liked Johnson so much why didnt they pick him? They liked Pollard as the better player

I thought this team was BPA?

34 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

is every  team BPA board the same? cause I sure as hell hope we are nothing close to the dumpster teams

Have you watched game tape of both prospects? Pollard really doesn't come across as a game breaker or something special. Across the board in physical attributes he's solid but not spectacular. On game tape his ability in the backfield and out wide are nothing spectacular either. He's versatile, but at best I see a Joseph Randle clone whos ceiling might be a Duke Johnson. But CB Johnson is arguably on par physically with any DB in this draft class and I see a ceiling of Nnamdi Asomugha when I watch him play.

11 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Have you watched game tape of both prospects? Pollard really doesn't come across as a game breaker or something special. Across the board in physical attributes he's solid but not spectacular. On game tape his ability in the backfield and out wide are nothing spectacular either. He's versatile, but at best I see a Joseph Randle clone whos ceiling might be a Duke Johnson. But CB Johnson is arguably on par physically with any DB in this draft class and I see a ceiling of Nnamdi Asomugha when I watch him play.

Maybe, but what if they viewed Pollard much higher than the next guy and they saw Johnson (raw) closer to Jackson (also raw)?

49 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yeah but like if they felt the same way you felt... the kid from houston wouldve been the pick.

Maybe Oakland right after couldve picked Pollard too? what happens then? Does this mistake become from a different prespective?

Man, let's not get so cute with this stuff. BPA yes, you like him that much? pick him