With the 247th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Olabisi Johnson, WR - Colorado State

RpMc

• 5 months later...

"It felt really good," Johnson said of his performance in Detroit. "That just shows how much confidence the coaches have in me and how much confidence, obviously, Kirk has in me. I can go out there and make plays all the time. That’s what I’m here for; that’s why I’m here. I’m here to make plays, and I’ll do just that."

https://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/29068/vikings-bisi-johnson-here-to-make-plays-and-hes-getting-the-chance

I've been very impressed with him. I recall an interview with him saying that he's tried to model his game after Thielen, and he seems like he'll be able to work inside and out. Great find by the front office.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/29068/vikings-bisi-johnson-here-to-make-plays-and-hes-getting-the-chance

I've been very impressed with him. I recall an interview with him saying that he's tried to model his game after Thielen, and he seems like he'll be able to work inside and out. Great find by the front office.

Great find by Kubiak, since he was the one pushing him to Spiels and Co.  

• Like 2

On 4/27/2019 at 5:26 PM, Ozzy said:

There is a point of why are the Vikings picking receivers which physically match what they already have?

Anthony Johnson
Greg Dortch
David Sills
Antoine Wesley
Jazz Ferguson
Tyron Johnson
Tyre Brady
Jamal Custis
Emmanuel Hall
Stanley Morgan Jr.
Felton Davis III
Ryan Davis
Johnnie Dixon
Xavier Ubosi

All these guys I would take over Olabisi Johnson.  These guys either bring great speed or are big bodies which they do not really have.  Sure Stanley Morgan matches what we have already but he has more toughness than most think and is a better prospect than Olabisi Johnson.

Dillon Mitchell really splashed this past season, I do not mind that pick but this one I question with some very talented WRs still there who are not so similar to what we already have.

Just curious how you are liking the pick now?

• Like 3

On 5/3/2019 at 6:58 AM, battle2heaven said:

[May 3, 2019]

I didn't know much about Olabisi when the Vikings took him. Last couple of days, I did some more research. The more I learned, the more I liked...to the point where I am pretty confident he will make the 53 man out of training camp and by season's end he could be pushing for the WR3 slot.

we are not worthy of your prediction....

good job!

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 6

• 7 months later...
On 10/23/2019 at 12:12 PM, vike daddy said:

we are not worthy of your prediction....

good job!

Ha! I was going through old threads and just saw this! Sometimes you get lucky....

but what a pleasant surprise bisi was last year! For his sophomore season, I’d like to see him show a bit more explosiveness on the field. He has the athleticism in him. Even if he doesn’t, he’s pretty much outplayed his draft investment already. Homerun 7th rounder from rick. 

• Like 2