I’m gunna say it

Slappy Mc

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

In terms of mortgaging our future, I think that is crazy talk.  A second round pick next year is worth a 3rd this year.  So we essentially paid a 2nd + 3rd for a 1st rounder which is cheap by any draft value chart.

All I'm saying is that we paid a future draft pick for current value. I'm not commenting on the value of that. I hope that makes sense. And I hope you are right about Sweat or Love being the move of the draft.

On 4/27/2019 at 7:00 PM, MKnight82 said:

It looks good on paper.  

On 4/27/2019 at 7:08 PM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Amazing how you can have 10 picks and find all busts. Would be better off dropping some draft cards in with an octopus and seeing what he spits out

Pretty much this.

Before anyone gets excited, here's the grade for 2016: https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/04/30/nfl-draft-grades-teams-winners-losers-picks-analysis

Theres only one thing we can really determine based in this year's draft: They are not planning in being competitive this season. 

Just about every player they drafted will be, at best, situational this season. Sweat is the closest to being a starter and he isnt really that close.

Just recapping how the draft went there is one alternative that I might have preferred to what we did. I am not hating on our draft, I think it went well and I was one of the bigger Haskins fans pre-draft here. Don't make me bump the thread!

Obviously hindsight is 20/20 but this draft would have been bananas without having to give up a future 2nd round pick for Sweat.

1. Dwayne Haskins

2. AJ Brown

3. Chase Winovich

4. Riley Ridley

4. Michael Jordan

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2019 at 9:04 PM, taylor made said:

All I'm saying is that we paid a future draft pick for current value. I'm not commenting on the value of that. I hope that makes sense. And I hope you are right about Sweat or Love being the move of the draft.

That 2nd round pick is going to be the 64th pick in next years draft bc “the league done messed up!”

On 4/30/2019 at 11:14 PM, taylor made said:

Just recapping how the draft went there is one alternative that I might have preferred to what we did. I am not hating on our draft, I think it went well and I was one of the bigger Haskins fans pre-draft here. Don't make me bump the thread!

Obviously hindsight is 20/20 but this draft would have been bananas without having to give up a future 2nd round pick for Sweat.

1. Dwayne Haskins

2. AJ Brown

3. Chase Winovich

4. Riley Ridley

4. Michael Jordan

Nah, what we did was much better:

Sweat > Winovich by a lot

McLaurin isn’t that far off from Brown. Harmon is arguably as good, maybe better than Ridley. Wes Martin and Ross are every bit the prospects as Michael Jordan.

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

McLaurin isn’t that far off from Brown.

AJ Brown has #1 WR potential.  That is something McLaurin doesn't have. AJ Brown was talked about as borderline first rounder and fell into the 2nd. McLaurin was considered a late third round pick at the earliest.

On 4/27/2019 at 10:41 PM, lavar703 said:

I just can’t see Dan letting another Sean McVay situation play out again. He has a star in Kyle Smith and he knows it. Bruce will be gone before Kyle. 

We can only hope!!!!!! I’ll believe it when I see it!!!

Because Bruce is always winning off the field!!!!!

Edited by ripsean21

On 4/29/2019 at 10:01 PM, Slateman said:

Pretty much this.

Before anyone gets excited, here's the grade for 2016: https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/04/30/nfl-draft-grades-teams-winners-losers-picks-analysis

Theres only one thing we can really determine based in this year's draft: They are not planning in being competitive this season. 

Just about every player they drafted will be, at best, situational this season. Sweat is the closest to being a starter and he isnt really that close.

Disagree. Sweat is definitely starter worthy as a rookie. Haskins may prove to be better than Case & Colt, so he’s close to being a starter. It's also totally conceivable that McLaurin does enough to beat out Doctson or Trey Quinn and the slot position in Gruden's offense plays just as many snaps as the starters. Also, bc LG is still such a question mark and an open competition either Martin or Ross P could earn that starting job over Flowers.

So, it's possible we get 4 starters out of this draft this year as rookies, at least by the second half of the season. Bc even if Case or Colt start the season, I can't see the Redskins having a good record after the frost month of the season so, eventually they are going to turn to Haskins this season.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Disagree. Sweat is definitely starter worthy as a rookie. Haskins may prove to be better than Case & Colt, so he’s close to being a starter. It's also totally conceivable that McLaurin does enough to beat out Doctson or Trey Quinn and the slot position in Gruden's offense plays just as many snaps as the starters. Also, bc LG is still such a question mark and an open competition either Martin or Ross P could earn that starting job over Flowers.

So, it's possible we get 4 starters out of this draft this year as rookies, at least by the second half of the season. Bc even if Case or Colt start the season, I can't see the Redskins having a good record after the frost month of the season so, eventually they are going to turn to Haskins this season.

Sweat is only a starter because this team has no one else.

Colt and Keenum are garbage QBs and being better than them is nothing to puff your chest about.

McLaurin isnt going to do anything his rookie year and its unlikely he'll be more than a STer for his whole career. Hes Niles Paul.

Everyone else drafted was either reserve depth or a project. Haskins is the biggest project of all. He faced almost no pressure in college. His mechanics are suspect. He does not know anything about reading a defense. This is why he dropped so far.

On 5/12/2019 at 2:43 PM, taylor made said:

AJ Brown has #1 WR potential.  That is something McLaurin doesn't have. AJ Brown was talked about as borderline first rounder and fell into the 2nd. McLaurin was considered a late third round pick at the earliest.

Eh, maybe Brown has #1 potential. This draft class of WRs was not a good one. If people thought Brown had #1 potential, he would have went top 15 but, he wasn’t, he went 51st or mid to late 2nd.

I don't know why Brown is rated so much higher or would be expected to have #1 potential and McLaurin wouldn't expect to have that same kind of potential especially when you consider Brown is .14 tenths slower and they're both good route runners. The thing Brown has over McLaurin is weight and more of an ability to make tough catches over the middle, but on the flip side McLaurin is a deep threat and Brown isn't really one.

Edited by turtle28

On 5/15/2019 at 4:50 AM, Slateman said:

Sweat is only a starter because this team has no one else.

Colt and Keenum are garbage QBs and being better than them is nothing to puff your chest about.

McLaurin isnt going to do anything his rookie year and its unlikely he'll be more than a STer for his whole career. Hes Niles Paul.

Everyone else drafted was either reserve depth or a project. Haskins is the biggest project of all. He faced almost no pressure in college. His mechanics are suspect. He does not know anything about reading a defense. This is why he dropped so far.

What? It's like you have never seen any of these guys play.

I guess I'll give you that we don't have a starting caliber OLB other than Kerrigan who's an established pass rusher, but at the same time you're saying that arguably the 2nd best pass edge rusher in the 2019 NFL draft wouldn't be a starter on most teams, which just isn't true. The only reason he wasn't a top 10 pick was bc of his heart issue which appears to be misdiagnosed.

Case and Colt are average journeymen QBs, they aren't garbage. If they're healthy and play all year - something Colt hasn’t ever done - they'd put up average stats like Keenum last year around 4000 yds w/ high teens to low 20’s TDs and ints in the mid-teens. Certainly not great, but average.

What the heck are you talking about with McLaurin and Haskins? None of that is a true analysis of their years in college last year at all. McLaurin is a good receiver with elite speed, he has hands which was Niles Paul's biggest issue. McClaurin compares more to a faster Garcon - they're the same size - than a Niles Paul.

Haskins had pressure last year and when struggled in games with his accuracy it was usually bc of the pressure that was put on him. As an OSU fan, I can tell you our OL last year was not good, it was very disappointing and a major reason why our running game took a major step back and also why Haskins got pressured in several games that they would have won.

Hawkins knows a lot about NFL offenses and how to read defenses. He was taught well by Ryan Day. The reports out of the combine and other exercises where NFL coaches, front office execs and scouts evaluated what he knew on the whiteboard was that he was one of the best at it of all the QBs.

Haskins fell bc when he got a lot of pressure his mechanics fell off and was susceptible to make mistakes. If he didn't have to move around a lot in the pocket he made great reads, was accurate and showed he could deliver the ball on time and make all the throws.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

What? It's like you have never seen any of these guys play.

I guess I'll give you that we don't have a starting caliber OLB other than Kerrigan who's an established pass rusher, but at the same time you're saying that arguably the 2nd best pass edge rusher in the 2019 NFL draft wouldn't be a starter on most teams, which just isn't true. The only reason he wasn't a top 10 pick was bc of his heart issue which appears to be misdiagnosed.

Case and Colt are average journeymen QBs, they aren't garbage. If they're healthy and play all year - something Colt hasn’t ever done - they'd put up average stats like Keenum last year around 4000 yds w/ high teens to low 20’s TDs and ints in the mid-teens. Certainly not great, but average.

What the heck are you talking about with McLaurin and Haskins? None of that is a true analysis of their years in college last year at all. McLaurin is a good receiver with elite speed, he has hands which was Niles Paul's biggest issue. McClaurin compares more to a faster Garcon - they're the same size - than a Niles Paul.

Haskins had pressure last year and when struggled in games with his accuracy it was usually bc of the pressure that was put on him. As an OSU fan, I can tell you our OL last year was not good, it was very disappointing and a major reason why our running game took a major step back and also why Haskins got pressured in several games that they would have won.

Hawkins knows a lot about NFL offenses and how to read defenses. He was taught well by Ryan Day. The reports out of the combine and other exercises where NFL coaches, front office execs and scouts evaluated what he knew on the whiteboard was that he was one of the best at it of all the QBs.

Haskins fell bc when he got a lot of pressure his mechanics fell off and was susceptible to make mistakes. If he didn't have to move around a lot in the pocket he made great reads, was accurate and showed he could deliver the ball on time and make all the throws.  

Dude .... Colt and Case are garbage. If they weren't, they'd be somewhere else. Cmon man.

McLaurin is a 3rd rounder who will likely contribute the most in special teams. He comes from a basic offense, and catches balls with his body. It took Garcon four seasons to devleop.

Haskins is first and foremost, a rookie first round QB. So pretty much a 50% failure rate there. With one true year of play at Ohio State. In a season in which he was pressured fewer times than the average NFL QB is pressured in a game. His mechanics go to crap as soon as someone gets in his face.

This draft was all about the future. Anyone who believes that this team is going to compete next year and even in 2020 is drowning in the kool aid.

5 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Dude .... Colt and Case are garbage. If they weren't, they'd be somewhere else. Cmon man.

McLaurin is a 3rd rounder who will likely contribute the most in special teams. He comes from a basic offense, and catches balls with his body. It took Garcon four seasons to devleop.

Haskins is first and foremost, a rookie first round QB. So pretty much a 50% failure rate there. With one true year of play at Ohio State. In a season in which he was pressured fewer times than the average NFL QB is pressured in a game. His mechanics go to crap as soon as someone gets in his face.

This draft was all about the future. Anyone who believes that this team is going to compete next year and even in 2020 is drowning in the kool aid.

I don't believe that for a second, Slateman.

The Redskins we're 6-2 with Alex Smith at the helm. Relying on strong running game & playing tough defense.

We can go into these games, with the same strategy with a rookie developing QB.

We've now added 4 major pieces to the defense in Collins, Sweat, Foster & DRC. So our Defense will be even better than last year.

We will now have Peterson AND Guice running the ball. As well as Thompson.

We've gotten faster on Defense & Offense. McLaurin will get playing time with his chemistry with Haskins & Richardson is back.

This team was 6-2 before the collapse.

This is an 11-5 football team for 2019.

If we had more proven studs at WR, I would say even better than that.

We ARE a playoff team!

And THE team to beat in the NFC East.

We are better all around than the Eagles, Cowboys or Giants.

And we all will see that this year.

We're going 11-5 at least...

32 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

DRC

Major contributor

Does not compute.

Woof. I missed that in my scan of the message. Yeah, he and Flowers are on my "shouldn't make the final roster, and if they do, Washington is worse off than we thought" list.