I’m gunna say it

Slappy Mc

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I just can’t see Dan letting another Sean McVay situation play out again. He has a star in Kyle Smith and he knows it. Bruce will be gone before Kyle. 

Um, did you see how they handled Scot McCloughan? Kyle Smith knows how to do his job and if credit gets out to him instead of Bruce, then he will be on the hitlist. Much like the business side of the facility. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I thought we had a pretty darn good draft. Good value at most of our picks and addressed a lot of needs.

I’m Im not saying we are run by competent people. I am saying whoever was in charge of drafting this year gets a solid A from me.

Completely agree. Best draft this century by far. 

7 hours ago, mike23md said:

Um, did you see how they handled Scot McCloughan? Kyle Smith knows how to do his job and if credit gets out to him instead of Bruce, then he will be on the hitlist. Much like the business side of the facility. 

I was a big fan of the attitude and normalcy McCloughan brought to the team but let’s be honest here, Scots drafts were pretty bad and his free agency may have been worse. Kyle Smith is better at this than Scot. They almost have no choice but to name him GM so they don’t lose him and I do think Allen’s time is coming to an end. 

• Like 1

Am very pleased and impressed with their draft outcome. Only pick I found a head-scratcher was the Indiana IOL Wes Martin.. which just shows me that I didn't dig deep enough in checking out all availables. 

I was shocked that Harmon fell so far, and think he can be a very good starter. Adding McLaurin should turn out to be a great decision. 

Strong draft, Skins. 

• Like 2

After the draft has come and gone I can't help but to think that our defense is going to be top shelf this season. I realize Sweat will probably be the only draft pick to make a substantial impact this year but when you think about getting Foster and Collins in free agency to add to it it gets pretty exciting. Free safety is the only position with a big question mark and to be honest I have no clue who will start there. It could be Troy Apke for all I know. Our team speed on defense is now legit. If Dion Hamilton can take the second year leap watch out! And I would put our D line up against anybody, they're studs.

• Like 1

Let's cool on the Kyle Smith is the next great GM talk. He is the poster boy for nepotism. It didn't take a genius to take Dwayne Haskins there at #15. I'm much more interested to see how Montez Sweat turns out considering we mortgaged our future there. McLaurin was a shrewd selection in round 3 and he will help ease Haskins' transition but his upside is nothing more than a WR2. I thought our Day 3 was underwhelming largely in part of a horrible round 4/5s. R6/R7 were solid but the trade down from R3 to grab those two R4 players was a Scott M. Matt Jones-esque move.

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I was a big fan of the attitude and normalcy McCloughan brought to the team but let’s be honest here, Scots drafts were pretty bad and his free agency may have been worse. Kyle Smith is better at this than Scot. They almost have no choice but to name him GM so they don’t lose him and I do think Allen’s time is coming to an end. 

I always hate to bring this up and have been killed when bringing it up for 4 years but yeah, truth is truth. If you go by Scot’s two drafts, he had a few great picks but most of them were just ok, didn't make the team or had too many other issues and didn't.last despite their talents (Sua).

7 hours ago, taylor made said:

Let's cool on the Kyle Smith is the next great GM talk. He is the poster boy for nepotism. It didn't take a genius to take Dwayne Haskins there at #15. I'm much more interested to see how Montez Sweat turns out considering we mortgaged our future there. McLaurin was a shrewd selection in round 3 and he will help ease Haskins' transition but his upside is nothing more than a WR2. I thought our Day 3 was underwhelming largely in part of a horrible round 4/5s. R6/R7 were solid but the trade down from R3 to grab those two R4 players was a Scott M. Matt Jones-esque move.

I don't care about Nepotism, if you're good at your job that's all that matters. Most NFL coaches and scouts/GMs had family members who did it too.

I don't think the trade down was bad bc we had missed on a few players  we probably wanted and then got an OG and Love - who has starter talent - he just needs to rehab his ACL, he'll probably have a redshirt year.

4 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I disagree that we mortgaged out future. An extra 1 for a couple 2’s? Isn’t exactly the RG3 trade. If Sweat works out it will be well wort

Was going to say the same thing. I’d take Montez Sweat over two 2nd round picks every day of the week and twice on Sunday’s!

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Was going to say the same thing. I’d take Montez Sweat over two 2nd round picks every day of the week and twice on Sunday’s!

I get not resigning Preston. He was ok, just ok, and yes not resigning him made that position a critical need. Kerrigan is getting long in the tooth. If the heart rumors didn’t swirl around 3 hours before the draft he would have been long gone by 26

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I get not resigning Preston. He was ok, just ok, and yes not resigning him made that position a critical need. Kerrigan is getting long in the tooth. If the heart rumors didn’t swirl around 3 hours before the draft he would have been long gone by 26

Yeah w/o the Heart rumors which on second opinion - which I don't understand why wasn't done the next day! - was determined to NOT be what the NFL (company doctors) thought it was, then he would have been a top 10 pick, maybe top 5 to Oakland or the Jets. 

I think Sweat has a better career than Ferrell who the Raiders took at 4.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1