UDFA Signings

candyman93

Here are the guys that will make a splash IMO:

1. Mavin Saunders/TE/Kansas
"He's been on my sleeper list for a long time. Excellent athlete for the TE position. Seam stretcher that can rip the top off of any defense. Has a shot to dethrone Devalve."

2. Darrin Hall/RB/Pittsburgh
"This dude is just straight up good. Elite vision and contact balance. Has good hands and can pass block. Not sure why he went undrafted after testing well."

3. DJ Montgomery/WR/Austin Peay
"Good athlete, natural hands catcher. Good size for the position and ran a versatile route tree. Could make the team as WR5 or WR6."

I don't really know anything about the undrafted guys defensively. Not excited by them, but I also have never heard of most of the dudes anyways so how can I make an evaluation on them?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't really know anything about the undrafted guys defensively. Not excited by them, but I also have never heard of most of the dudes anyways so how can I make an evaluation on them?

I still have concerns about our depth on the defensive line. The fact that they didn't address it in the actual draft tells me that they either don't agree with me, or have other plans in the works. That being said, I'd have to think a guy like Wyatt Ray has a legitimate shot to make the team.

JT Hassell also intrigues me, at the very least as a special teams contributor. Undersized linebacker with excellent athleticism who will likely make the transition to safety.

Also...Aston went to Denver *Sniffle*

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Here are the guys that will make a splash IMO:

1. Mavin Saunders/TE/Kansas
"He's been on my sleeper list for a long time. Excellent athlete for the TE position. Seam stretcher that can rip the top off of any defense. Has a shot to dethrone Devalve."

2. Darrin Hall/RB/Pittsburgh
"This dude is just straight up good. Elite vision and contact balance. Has good hands and can pass block. Not sure why he went undrafted after testing well."

3. DJ Montgomery/WR/Austin Peay
"Good athlete, natural hands catcher. Good size for the position and ran a versatile route tree. Could make the team as WR5 or WR6."

Why are your player descriptions in quotations? You don't have to quote yourself, I doubt you'll mind you using your descriptions. 

12 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I still have concerns about our depth on the defensive line. The fact that they didn't address it in the actual draft tells me that they either don't agree with me, or have other plans in the works. That being said, I'd have to think a guy like Wyatt Ray has a legitimate shot to make the team.

JT Hassell also intrigues me, at the very least as a special teams contributor. Undersized linebacker with excellent athleticism who will likely make the transition to safety.

Also...Aston went to Denver *Sniffle*

JT Hassell's athleticism is intriguing, especially for that SS spot. If he learns well enough he could be a weapon.

Edited by Fatgerman

6 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Why are your player descriptions in quotations? You don't have to quote yourself, I doubt you'll mind you using your descriptions. 

idk...it looks a little more bracketed off that way.

Please use proper citations when plagiarizing my material though. I will sue you into oblivion

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Anyone familiar with Tate pre-draft? Haven't heard of him until now.

Not until now either, but quickly reading up on him, he sounds like a highly athletic guy who could develop at Center. His biggest issue seems to be lacking strength, the easiest trait to fix in the NFL. Don't sleep on dude being Tretter's backup this season, and maybe, maybe, his eventual replacement. 

That's the beauty of Campen, takes athletic, lighter linemen from smaller schools and developes the hell outta them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

That's the beauty of Campen, takes athletic, lighter linemen from smaller schools and developes the hell outta them.

That's why I scratch my head when pundits or posters say we need more OL help.

Campen has a track record and Dorsey has given him a lot of athletic young talent to develop.

I am hoping this will be one of the subplots to the story of our success this season.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bruceb said:

That's why I scratch my head when pundits or posters say we need more OL help.

Campen has a track record and Dorsey has given him a lot of athletic young talent to develop.

I am hoping this will be one of the subplots to the story of our success this season.

If we can not need to replace Robinson and tretter after this season it will be a big win and a big save on our cap in 2020. 

• Like 1