UDFA Signing List

Trentwannabe

On 4/29/2019 at 10:18 AM, soflbillsfan said:

How can you not say its not consistent enough to gain yards? To many unknown factors as of right now, oline is definitely better and believe it or not the bills were still a top 10 rushing team last year, i know it was consistent of Allens rushing ability but still up there. With the new oline and adding Yeldon who is a threat on the receiving end of things and bringing in old but consistent gore getting 4+ ypc I think they will be in a ton of 3rd and short situations putting the bills in an opportune area. If bills d stays consistent by being a top 3 defense like they were last year then they shouldnt have to be to concerned about the offense coming in and being the best in the league, i think middle of the pack offense with the top 3 defense would put the bills in wild card spot. If you look at other teams in the league you have a tough AFC West and a tough AFC South, those teams will butt heads consistently putting their records close to .500. Bills are fortunate enough to play the AFC North this year which it looks like a down division with the losses they have had to Free Agency and trade. Steelers and Ravens are beatable and Bengals definitely need a couple years to get back to where they once were, and the Browns have been aggressive however I do not trust the coach and he may be over his head. Bucs and Giants went with the same approach a few years ago by promoting OC to HC and it backfired, I can see this happening. If browns are losing early they have OBJ and Landry who are hot heads, and may cause some issues.

I understand that all teams get some rush yards from their QB, but without Allen's we would have been 31st in the league in rushing and even with them we were 21st in YPC. A lot of change, but touting last years Bills as a top 10 rushing team because they happened to have one volume based top 10 rush stat is not an accurate representation of what our run game was. JMO

On 4/29/2019 at 5:14 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

The side that wanted Le'Veon Bell and doesn't buy the plug any RB in theory.

I believe it happens from time to time but it's not consistent

I am going to cheat and go right in the middle. Having coached at a few different levels I have seen first hand a good OL open holes for even a below average RB who can get 4YPC. I've also had a RB who had a D2 offer who topped 7 YPC despite our OL not effectively executing double teams and having 6 different OL combinations. His balance and vision made up for a poor OL.

But I am also of the opinion that Bell relies on a certain blocking style and will not be as effective as a runner in NY. His pass catching is what worries me.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, darkhelmet52 said:

I understand that all teams get some rush yards from their QB, but without Allen's we would have been 31st in the league in rushing and even with them we were 21st in YPC. A lot of change, but touting last years Bills as a top 10 rushing team because they happened to have one volume based top 10 rush stat is not an accurate representation of what our run game was. JMO

Welcome to the group!

My opinion, too. Further, I suspect Josh's rushing yards actually fall as 1) I expect his passing game to improve and 2) I think the coaches will encourage him to be a little more cautious. This is not to say they won't continue to design running plays for him, but I do think he will be highly encouraged to slide more  and sooner than he did last season.