53 Man Roster Cut Down Thread

kingseanjohn

I figured we may as well make one thread. That way we won't have to dig through 37 threads to find the player we want to discuss.

The WR battle intrigues me the most. I'm really hoping we cut Albert Wilson. However, I don't recall seeing him play tonight so I'm afraid he may be safe.

Hill/Conley/DAT/Robinson/Chesson are my personal locks. I'd like to keep Kemp or S. Jones as well. Hopefully we can get one or both on the practice squad.

15 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I figured we may as well make one thread. That way we won't have to dig through 27 threads to find the player we want to discuss.

The WR battle intrigues me the most. I'm really hoping we cut Albert Wilson. However, I don't recall seeing him play tonight so I'm afraid he may be safe.

Hill/Conley/DAT/Robinson/Chesson are my personal locks. I'd like to keep Kemp or S. Jones as well. Hopefully we can get one or both on the practice squad.

I bet we try to get wilson on the practice squad 

Just now, valkrei said:

I bet we try to get wilson on the practice squad 

Albert isn't eligible. Here's the requirements:

• Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);
  • Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games;
  • Each club will be permitted to sign a maximum of 2 Practice Squad players who have earned no more than 2 accrued seasons of free agency credit;
  • If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.
  • A player has served one season on the practice squad if he is on the practice squad for at least 6 games. The rule previously required 3 games on the practice squad roster.

6 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Albert isn't eligible. Here's the requirements:

• Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);
  • Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games;
  • Each club will be permitted to sign a maximum of 2 Practice Squad players who have earned no more than 2 accrued seasons of free agency credit;
  • If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.
  • A player has served one season on the practice squad if he is on the practice squad for at least 6 games. The rule previously required 3 games on the practice squad roster.

Then I agree, he's gone.

24 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

What's a David King?

He's been a project of ours for a while. He's gotten better every year from what I've seen. But our DL depth is so good that he was bound to be cut this year. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with him.

And with that note our first real move...

The Chiefs will send defensive lineman David King to Tennessee in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2018 draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/chiefs-trade-dl-david-king-to-titans/

The names have started to come out...

QB Joel Stave

OG Andrew Tiller

OL Josh James

RB Devine Redding

WR Marcus Kemp - I personally hope makes it to the PS

WR Tevin Jones

TE Gavin Escobar

DL Ricky Ali'ifua

LB Marcus Rush - If eligible I hope he makes the PS

LB Earl Okine

DB Trevon Hartfield