53 Man Roster Cut Down Thread

kingseanjohn

36 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

So we're about 19 down. How many to go?

Have to go from 90 to 53. So far we have 20 cuts, and added Tamba to PUP. So assuming we started at 90, we're at 69 now. So 16 to go. I believe we have yet to put Ware on PUP or IR, so that will likely clear up one spot. Got a few gimmes still on the roster and a few overloaded position still, so most of the cuts left are still some obvious ones. Trey Millard, Tony Stevens, Gehrig Deiter, Joe Cheek, etc. Probably a solid dozen cuts left that we won't bat an eye at.

Last round of cuts done!

Also traded Isaiah Battle to the Seahawks for a conditional pick (no details yet.)

Dadi Nicholas moved to PUP alongside Hali.

Spencer Ware and Ashton Lampkin put on IR.

As expected, no surprises in the last round of cuts. The Battle trade is a pleasant surprise to be sure. Seantavius Jones is the only slightly disappointing name up there, but I expect we try to throw him on the PS.

I believe (don't quote me on this) this leaves us at this 53 man roster right now:

QB: Smith, Mahomes, Bray

RB: Hunt, West, Sherman

WR: Hill, Conley, Wilson, Thomas, Robinson, Chesson

TE: Kelce, Harris, Ross

OL: Fisher, Ehinger, Morse, LDT, Schwartz, Erving, Fulton, Witzmann, Devey

DL: Bailey, Logan, Jones, Kpassagnon, RNR, Jenkins, Miller

LB: Houston, Johnson, Wilson, Ford, Ragland, Eligwe, Zombo, T. Smith, KPL

CB: Peters, Nelson, Gaines, White, Mitchell, Acker

S: Berry, Parker, Sorensen, Murray

ST: Santos, Colquitt, Winchester

Somewhat light for what we normally run at RB and TE. I expect we'll look for a RB in other teams' cuts, and we'll probably see a cut at LB to counter it. 6 ILBs is more than a little unnecessary. OL is 1 more than usual at 9, with Devey being the surprise add, but that may just be to account for Ehinger still recovering and Erving being new to the roster. Devey and Terrance Smith seem the most likely cuts when we start making moves. Could maybe see Zombo go as well once Hali gets back, given that we gave Kpass a good bit of his time at OLB, and I don't see Zombo beating out any of Houston, Ford, Hali, or Kpass. Unless we do have Kpass at DL, in which case it might be Miller or Jenkins to get the potential axe instead, at that point.

41 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

I'd like to see Gaines gone. Bausby was up/down, but still better than Gaines IMO.

I agree. I'm going to be upset when Gaines is still top 3 on our opening depth chart at CB. I feel like he's clearly the worst of the 6 we have on hand right now.

I really don't see why we kept Wilson, Gaines or Roy Miller. The first two are kind of obvious. But Miller has done nothing at all except be injured. I feel like we have other guys who could rotate in to give Logan a breather.

As far as the RB situation, I wouldn't be too surprised if we just keep the two. DAT or Hill could fill in on a temporary basis as needed. I wouldn't be mad if we brought in Matt Jones though.

10 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I really don't see why we kept Wilson, Gaines or Roy Miller. The first two are kind of obvious. But Miller has done nothing at all except be injured. I feel like we have other guys who could rotate in to give Logan a breather.

As far as the RB situation, I wouldn't be too surprised if we just keep the two. DAT or Hill could fill in on a temporary basis as needed. I wouldn't be mad if we brought in Matt Jones though.

2 seems light to me but, like you said, Hill n Dat n Sherman can get some carries. I think Jehu's big return spelled the end for whatever usefulness they envisioned for CJ perhaps.

All in all I think they did a very good job with the cutdown. Seems like we have a team of varsatile players, lots of interchangables everywhere.

Very glad Robinson and Jehu made it. Like a few here, I think Gaines and Wilson have shown all they can and are just roadblocks for others. I think they like the personality of Wilson and think Gaines light will come on but I don't see it.

5 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I'm thinking Tanoh gonna be a backup OLB no?

Otherwise we are painfully thin there

Since yesterday he has officially been moved to OLB on the official depth chart and roster, so yes. Previously he had been playing a lot of OLB but was still technically being called a DE.

Archived