UDFA tracker

Denver also signed former Tulane offensive lineman John Leglue, Nevada defensive end Malik Reed, Arkansas offensive tackle Brian Wallace, Wyoming tight end Austin Fort, Samford edge rusher Ahmad Gooden, Kansas inside linebacker Joe Dineen, East Central wide receiver Trinity Brinson, and Pitt fullback George Aston, according to multiple reports.

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I love Brett Rypien. He’s a starter in this league IMO.

He’ll probably be better than Drew Lock. Lock obviously has more potential but Rypien is the better quarterback today. 

Well then the Raiders should trade us their 2020 1st for such a great QB

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

He sounds like a potential Todd Davis replacement if you ask me.

Ran a 4.61 at his pro day. Which is a surprisingly good time for him. He tweaked his hamstring on the second run. But I read that instead of going to the training room he went to every drill stood by watched and encouraged his teammates. That is what I want at MLB. Pulling for him to make the final 53.

3 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I had Malik Reed mocked to us in the 5th months ago, and I've liked Rypien as a Day 3 guy for a while.

Dineen...I don't know. I mean how many stiff run-stuffing LBs do we need? They might be the second easiest group to find behind RBs at this point. 

He’s an UDFA. It’s not like he was a high pick. Worth a signing. Has the right type of attitude for this team and can be a solid backup and special teamer.

Re: Dineen because Kansas D was routinely abused and the team weak overall - the film with Dineen is key more than the #’s.  Did he shed blocks and stick guys at point of attack or was he washed out and tackling guys 4-7 yards back?  

The tackles tell me his motor and toughness are there and the solo numbers mean he’s a sure tackler.  And being a sure tackler he has a great shot to be a ST ace. The margin though between Jewell-level ceiling (where his smarts and anticipation allow his skills to play up) and a ST-only guy and career backup is pretty small skill wise.   

As a UDFA it’s zero risk though they are all lottery tickets glad we hit ILB 2x.   Given we didn’t really address ILB in a pure way (Hollins intriguing as a potential fit inside but may be more of an edge) keep firing away until someone sticks.   

The Samford team seems like it got a lot of love from us.  Gooden sounds intriguing.  

Preseason (like last year) will mean a lot for us - more spots are up for grabs as we fill out our roster depth holes.   Going to enjoy watching these guys.   I think we could see 2-3 UDFA make the 53 man roster.   We have a very binary roster makeup with so few survivors of the 2015-17 drafts - either getting into late 20’s/30 or 2nd year guys.  Not surprised so many FA signed the chances of sticking are higher.  

Edited by Broncofan

47 minutes ago, Counselor said:

He’s an UDFA. It’s not like he was a high pick. Worth a signing. Has the right type of attitude for this team and can be a solid backup and special teamer.

I'm only cautioning against any real excitement. Guys like him are easy to find, why he's an UDFA. 

• Like 1