Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
broncos_fan _from _uk

UDFA tracker

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Brett Rypien Pro Comp on nfl.com is Nick Mullens. 

More like Kubiak in a lot of ways. As far as QB, we just did 1983 v 2.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

More like Kubiak in a lot of ways. As far as QB, we just did 1983 v 2.0.

Lock isn’t Elway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Counselor said:

Brett Rypien Pro Comp on nfl.com is Nick Mullens. 

FWIW, Scangarello was the one who advocated for Mullens with the 49ers while he was here, I'm pretty sure, so that does make some sense to a degree. If Scangarello is utilizing a similar offense to Shanny, learned how to scheme people open the way that Shanny does, than he could easily grow into a solid back up quarterback moving forward. May take a year, similar to the way it did with Mullens, but for a UDFA, I think that's a really good return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Counselor said:

Lock isn’t Elway

No s**t!  Hence version 2.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

No s**t!  Hence version 2.0.

Usually 2.0 is an improved version though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Usually 2.0 is an improved version though 

Well, who's to say it isn't ?? We don't know yet, do we ??

Edited by Cutler06

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Forge said:

FWIW, Scangarello was the one who advocated for Mullens with the 49ers while he was here, I'm pretty sure, so that does make some sense to a degree. If Scangarello is utilizing a similar offense to Shanny, learned how to scheme people open the way that Shanny does, than he could easily grow into a solid back up quarterback moving forward. May take a year, similar to the way it did with Mullens, but for a UDFA, I think that's a really good return. 

Right now, I'm liking Rypien's chances at the 3rd QB over Hogan's or Grayson's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2019 at 8:55 PM, Cutler06 said:

Right now, I'm liking Rypien's chances at the 3rd QB over Hogan's or Grayson's

Well Grayson is gone, so his chances are getting better. That being said it still wouldn’t surprise me to see us roll into the season with 2 QBs on the 53 and Rypien on the PS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Well Grayson is gone, so his chances are getting better. That being said it still wouldn’t surprise me to see us roll into the season with 2 QBs on the 53 and Rypien on the PS

Yeah given we’d be rostering 2 rookies as backups it seems likely Elway will gamble on stashing Rypien on the PS.  It’s not like he brings experience over Lock.  

Obviously if either guy ahead of Rypien gets hurt everything changes but PS stash seems like plan A.  Teams that roster 3 QB usually have the vet / future guy not 2 rookies.  

Edited by Broncofan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah given we’d be rostering 2 rookies as backups it seems likely Elway will gamble on stashing Rypien on the PS.  It’s not like he brings experience over Lock.  

Obviously if either guy ahead of Rypien gets hurt everything changes but PS stash seems like plan A.  Teams that roster 3 QB usually have the vet / future guy not 2 rookies.  

No way I see Elway risk putting Rypien on the PS are giving him a six-figure guarantee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

No way I see Elway risk putting Rypien on the PS are giving him a six-figure guarantee.

Do you mean waiver risk before going on the PS?   Once he’s on the PS DEN can promote if someone tries to sign him.  It’s really about the risk of being claimed when that big WW 1st run happens.  

If Rypien has a Sloter like preseason there’s a risk.  If not keep in mind the guarantee isn’t dead money.  It’s more an incentive to get paid like a roster player even if you get stashed when considering UDFA offers.     It’s not like it’s a bonus you lose if another team signs him.  

Edited by Broncofan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Well Grayson is gone, so his chances are getting better. That being said it still wouldn’t surprise me to see us roll into the season with 2 QBs on the 53 and Rypien on the PS

I know I've read recently that Elway wanted 3 QB's on the roster. I'm not sure if he meant on the 53 or not.

If either Lock or Rypien show quick adaptation to the offense I'd imagine Hogan is gone. This really does seem alot like Elway/Kubiak. Elway the ultimate gunslinger, Kubiak the far more cerebral but less physically talented. 

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Rypien is a better backup than Lock for a year or two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was surprised we didn't add a UDFA running back, several good ones left after the draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Watson from CSU is very intriguing to me. He had excellent production for the Rams and a great Pro Day. The limited video I found on him shows speed and instincts. I’m not sure why there wasn’t more draft buzz on this guy. Yet another team leader. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×