Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Steelers release LB Jon Bostic, signs with Redskins

35 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

is he any good?

Average

plays the run above average. very slow in coverage and space in general. no real special teams value

I get that Bush would start over him but I'd think they'd keep him for good depth.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I get that Bush would start over him but I'd think they'd keep him for good depth.

Depth/mentor... Would think a guy like that could make it through at least most of the offseason. What the hell do I know though!

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He isn't good depth.  He was a liability when on the field during passing downs last year.  Did respectable during running downs but can't play side line to side line.  He is probably close to the conclusion of his career tbh.

Former Steelers have been such bad moves for the Fins...don't do it, Miami! 

I'm in the minority but I thought he played well for Pittsburgh last year.  Physical LB that has some speed.  I wouldn't mind the Bengals trying to sign him...

4 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm in the minority but I thought he played well for Pittsburgh last year.  Physical LB that has some speed.  I wouldn't mind the Bengals trying to sign him...

he a good throwback to the 80's LB but he lacks speed for coverage. If you need a run stopper, he's good for sure. Now you need to cover, as we say when they had bostic try to cover Allen9_9

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

he a good throwback to the 80's LB but he lacks speed for coverage. If you need a run stopper, he's good for sure. Now you need to cover, as we say when they had bostic try to cover Allen9_9

Well, Bengals have LBs that can't cover, stop the run, or blitz.  So I'm not really picky, lol...

15 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Well, Bengals have LBs that can't cover, stop the run, or blitz.  So I'm not really picky, lol...

LOL! That's classic. That's like saying,  she may be ugly, have a gutter mouth, no personality, no shape, no job, a bunch of exes, a bunch of kids, bad hygiene, but at least she's a woman. "I ain't picky," said the man during last call at 2:00 am with his whiskey smeared eye glasses scoping the local talent! LOL