DeWayne Haskins=Doug Williams

I've been watching highlights of both Haskins & Williams & they're near identical in every way.

Both are very close in size & weight.

Both were slow a foot in running, but scanned the field well.

Both are clutch

Both have that hitch step, right before throwing the ball. (Like...they would throw it while their feet weren't completely set, but right on the money)

Watch Doug Williams SB 22 highlight TD's & then watch Haskins highlights this season on some of his td throws.

Their identical! I'm not kidding

Both were also drafted around the same range, in the 1st. (15 to 17)

If Haskins is 6'3", then Doug has an inch on him at 6'4". Also about 10 lbs heavier

For real guys! Doug is the best comparison I've seen on Haskins.

Let's hope he plays the same!😁

Haskins reminds me of Big Ben. That’s just who I see. Not fast but can move around the pocket extremely well and is very hard to take down. Big arm, great accuracy and makes good decisions. Still think he was the best QB in this class and will probably have the best pro career of all of them. 

• Like 5

So your saying Haskins will go through periods of not being able to hit the broadside of a barn like Williams did?If I were you,I would compare him to Warren Moon or Steve McNair.Williams was a career mediocre QB who just got hot for 1 quarter in the right game.

Edited by TKellion
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Haskins reminds me of Big Ben. That’s just who I see. Not fast but can move around the pocket extremely well and is very hard to take down. Big arm, great accuracy and makes good decisions. Still think he was the best QB in this class and will probably have the best pro career of all of them. 

Agreed, I think he has a lot of same qualities as Big Ben and E said he can see some Carson Palmer in him which I see too but I think it's more Big Ben bc of how he can move around a little to get some yards, is hard to bring down and get the ball out even if someone is hanging on him bc of his size and strength. Now, hopefully he does do that too often bc Been does and that's usually when he has his ints.

ugh....doug is black so is haskin.....doug black qb that cant run so is haskin......

Haskin has more hype though and hopefully he will have a larger impact over the long run rather than just a year! 

Dont be lazy he I like more of the Big Ben type of career and player.

Edited by Vladimir L
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TKellion said:

So your saying Haskins will go through periods of not being able to hit the boadsise if a barn like Williams did?If I were you,I would compare him to Warren Moon or Steve McNair.Williams was a career mediocre QB who just got hot for 1 quarter in the right game.

McNair could run and had one of the worst coachs behind him. Imagine if McNair had a decent coach and talent around him.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

ugh....doug is black so is haskin.....doug black qb that cant run so is haskin......

Haskin has more hype though and hopefully he will have a larger impact over the long run rather than just a year! 

Dont be lazy he I like more of the Big Ben type of career and player.

In defense of Ace, I don't think he's making the comp bc both are black. I think he's comparing Haskins’ playing style, size and strength to Doug and also in hopes that Haskins too brings us a Super Bowl one day.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

In defense of Ace, I don't think he's making the comp bc both are black. I think he's comparing Haskins’ playing style, size and strength to Doug and also in hopes that Haskins too brings us a Super Bowl one day.

Ace is the most well known redskin fan on this board cant hate on him....I eagerly wait for his redskins thread in the man forum

Big Ben is like 6'5 or 6'6 isn't he?

They do resemble each other a little bit in how they play, but big Ben is like Cam Newton size.

I mentioned Doug Williams because they not only do they seem similar in their passing motions, drop backs & arm strength.

But they have a similar demeanor, along with size & weight.

When your comparing players, I think that has to play a role doesn't it?

Otherwise Geiko reminds me of Godzilla...

18 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Big Ben is like 6'5 or 6'6 isn't he?

They do resemble each other a little bit in how they play, but big Ben is like Cam Newton size.

I mentioned Doug Williams because they not only do they seem similar in their passing motions, drop backs & arm strength.

But they have a similar demeanor, along with size & weight.

When your comparing players, I think that has to play a role doesn't it?

Otherwise Geiko reminds me of Godzilla...

They’re about an inch apart in height. Haskins measured in at nearly 6’4. To me, they’re very similar in their play style. Haskins gets around the pocket quite well and scans the field pretty damn good for someone with one year of collegiate experience. Neither are fast but have enough escapability inside the pocket that it creates opportunities for their receivers to get open. I’m not saying they’re mirror images of one another but the player I’m reminded of most when I watch Dwayne is Big Ben. 

• Like 2