19. Tennessee Titans - Jeffery Simmons  [ DT ] Mississippi State
51. Tennessee Titans - A. J. Brown  [ WR ] Ole Miss
82. Tennessee Titans - Nate Davis  [ G ] Charlotte
116. Tennessee Titans - Amani Hooker  [ S ] Iowa
168. Tennessee Titans - D'Andre Walker  [ EDGE ] Georgia
188. Tennessee Titans - David Long Jr.  [ LB ] West Virginia

Picks Heading In

Favorite Pick 
Jeffrey Simmons – A top five talent for me in this draft and if anything the ACL injury stopped a lot of off-field noise that was always going to rise-up with his selection looming. Even if he’s a red-shirt for his first year in the league, which is likely based purely on other prospects who have suffered season threatening injuries during the draft, this looks like it could be great value for the Titans here. He’s a player who lived the opposition backfield at Mississippi State, a violent and disruptive pain to to deal with snap to snap and teams will have their hands full when he starts to play.  

Overview
With only six selections made, it’s a smaller cast of picks than most teams at this end of the rankings – but it’s also one that can have a big impact on the Titans who seem set  on steady progress year on year under Mike Vrabel. This is a draft for tough guys, you can see that throughout their selections. Each player they selected seems to really love the game and whilst it's low on finesse, there is a real edge about how each of these players play the game. That’s what the Titans want, to build a roster in the image of their head coach. 

I like the AJ Brown selection in the second round, who provides a similar attacking threat to their former first round pick Corey Davis. That’s not necessarily a bad thing and AJ Brown high-floor receiver with a real physical edge to his game and should be able to do a bit of everything inside and outside. He is built to dominate the short/intermediate game and that’s how he was used predominately in college, but has some ability as a runner with the ball in his hands and tested out like there might be more to come on the outside. 

Nate Davis was a real hind-kicker at the Senior Bowl where he flourished at guard after playing tackle at Charlotte. He’s squatty, brute strong and a tough guy to move. There could well be a starting gig for him to move into at right guard if he can take it.  I love the Amani Hooker selection in the 4th round. Obviously the Titans have re-upped on Kenny Vaccaro for the upcoming season and that may cut into his short-term aspirations. But, like Vaccaro he does his best work close to the line and like the other starting safety in Tennessee Kevin Byard, he’s a ball-hawk who can take the ball away. 

The Titans were half-expected to go edge early, but chose to wait until the 5th round before addressing the position The Titans do have Cameron Wake and Harold Landry penned as starters, so it’s not a glaring oversight. They got excellent value there, by finding D’Andre Walker still available. He might have well gone earlier if he was able to test, because he looks pretty explosive on film, even if he’s not a true edge bending rusher. They rounded things off with a 6th round selection of the other David Long, the linebacker from West Virginia. He’s pretty undersized, but fast and super aggressive as a downhill player. With 7.5 sacks under his belt, he’s got some ability as a blitzer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Definitely do not agree with Seattle being this high.

I agree, really if DK Metcalf did not basically fall into their laps they would never be this high.  Collier as a 1st round pick to me is a big time question mark.  Barton is a good pickup but is probably drafted higher than he should be.  They got some good players but nothing amazing I would not say.  At least they got good system fit guys for what they are looking for and that alone might make them a top 15 draft in the NFL.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

5. Tennessee Titans

Image result for titans 2019 draft

is my man wearing a tajae sharpe jersey??? buddy......wyd

good overview for tennessee. if i have any gripes, they're that we still lack explosion and speed on the offensive side of the ball and that we waited too long for an edge rusher, but the way the board fell i really can't complain about any of our picks.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, -Hope- said:

top 5 for tennessee then, wow. i liked our draft and thought we got great value out of our picks, but i don't know if i would've put it this high.

This is about right place to put the Titans. Simmons is a potential monster. I could see swapping them with Minnesota  but that's about it. Seatlle is another for the Chargers/Steelers/Colts cluster. As noted, I think Miami drops 10 slots in a fair evaluation. Better to remove the pick from the list and treat all teams the same. 

I also like the final four. I have quibbles with the Cardinals, but the Ravens, Redskins and Bills deserve to be there.

J

Edited by onejayhawk

4. Baltimore Ravens

Related image

Selections

25. Baltimore Ravens - Marquise Brown  [ WR ] Oklahoma

85. Baltimore Ravens - Jaylon Ferguson  [ DE ] Louisiana Tech

93. Baltimore Ravens - Miles Boykin  [ WR ] Notre Dame

113. Baltimore Ravens - Justice Hill  [ RB ] Oklahoma State

123. Baltimore Ravens - Ben Powers  [ G ] Oklahoma

127. Baltimore Ravens - Iman Marshall  [ CB ] USC

160. Baltimore Ravens - Daylon Mack  [ DT ] Texas A&M

197. Baltimore Ravens - Trace McSorley  [ QB ] Penn State

Picks Heading In

Favorite Pick

Marquise ‘Hollywood’ Brown – I think I watched his tape before the draft season and put it towards the back of my mind with his injury impacting his ability to test out. Man, you go back to what he put out last year and it’s crazy how good it is. He creates instant separation on his vertical routes like he’s a different species, that’s the first thing you notice about him. The other is his ability to do everything at an insane speed, cuts, carries and changes in direction – there’s nothing wasted. The foot injury is mild concern and I hope it doesn’t hold him out for too long as to cut into his crucial early development. The weight, or lack of, is also something to keep an eye on but it's difficult to point to moments on tape where that seems to really hold him back.

But, I love this fit here. Lamar is a good deep thrower and the Ravens struggled when the safeties were not scared to come down and park themselves in the box last year. They’ve got to hit on explosive passing plays to make that change, everything will open up from there (especially the run game) and Brown is going to be a big part of that.  

Overview

Eric DeCosta’s first draft as the Ravens GM and it’s like Ozzie has never left. That’s might be because he hasn’t actually left and was very much a looming figure in that Ravens war room whenever the TV networks cut to it, which can’t have been easy for his protégé. Still, there’s good value at all of the spots. They’ve done what they needed to do in terms of making this offense as explosive as it needs to be and managed to make some additional selections which should be good fits for this team. This is a ‘we are all in on Lamar Jackson’ draft.

With no 2nd round pick, Jaylon Ferguson was the next man off the board at 85. If there was one place I could see him becoming a success after some really poor agility testing, it would be Baltimore. They’ve turned plenty of questionable athletes who were productive college players into really good NFL players. Ferguson broke the FBS sack record and he did it with a combination of raw power and advanced hand technique. He’s got great length and can be a real handful at the POA, if he's Zadarius Smith for Baltimore then this is very good value. 

Miles Boykin in the 3rd is exactly the kind of receiver I would have taken there. He’s obviously an insane level athlete and you see flashes of that on film – but Notre Dame were a frustrating offense to watch. He needs to get better against press, but he’s obviously been brought in for explosive athletic gifts and there’s a huge amount of untapped potential there. I really liked the Justice Hill pick in the 4th round, as running back whose lateral agility jumps off the tape. He’s not a typical Ravens power back, but has the ability to feature on all three down if needed and he can be a viable passing option where there’s the most room for growth.

Ben Powers at 123 was rock solid. The Ravens were growing a little thin in terms of interior offensive line depth and Powers’s squatty physicality and technique give him a pretty high floor coming into the league. Baltimore’s coaching staff do a great job getting the best out of their mid-late round draft picks and it would not be a surprise to see him turn into a very serviceable starter. Iman Marshall is another one of USC’s former fallen five star recruits, he's got great size and had a strong week at the Senior Bowl. He looks kinda buried away on the depth chart, with the likes of Marlon Humphrey, Brandon Carr, Tavon Young, Jimmy Smith and Anthony Averett all on the roster – but he could be suitable for a switch up to play some safety.

Daylon Mack is a pretty archetypal Ravens nose tackle selection. I don’t know how many more guys like this they need on the roster, but he’s a 330 pound war daddy in the trenches with an intriguing power and athleticism combination. Trace McSorley in the 6th makes sense if they’re committed to the skill-set of their starting quarterback. They’re going to need back-up players with a similar game who can run the offensive system and McSorley could potentially give them that at a back-up caliber level.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Daylon Mack is a pretty archetypal Ravens nose tackle selection. I don’t know how many more guys like this they need on the roster, but he’s a 330 pound war daddy in the trenches with an intriguing power and athleticism combination.

This is the guy who worries me maybe the most. Ya just know he's going to be one of the better noses in the league in Baltimore's system.

I guess for the Ravens draft, it depends on your view of Hollywood. You love him, and you're not alone, but personally I'm not a fan of his. Foot injuries and his extremely tiny body make him a boom/bust guy IMO. He could be the next Tyreke Hill/Antonio Brown (albeit Brown is bigger), or he could be the next Corey Coleman. If he's solid, then it's a great pick with that ground and pound TE heavy squad that they have, as other teams loading the box with 8-9 guys won't be able to happen anymore.  He's a fluid route runner and VERY explosive, but his blocking is laughable, and he actually doesn't have great ball skills, which I find intriguing.  If he ends up becoming DeSean Jackson (I think that's his best comparison TBH), then it's a solid pick.

I like the Ferguson pick for  them, and they got some good value out of Ben Powers as well.

However, they are going to feel the loss of Mosley on that defense, and really didn't address that gaping hole at all IMO.

Wow. I have to join the chorus of those who disagree with the Seahawks this high. Granted, being a 9er fan, I am biased. However, there is a reason DK fell: He is a linear athlete. Big, fast in a straight line and....well, not much else.  AJ Brown is SSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than him and will be career-wise in the NFL, too.

Then there is the Marquise Blair pick. I love the kid. However, it was a case of "I'm taking my guy no matter what", though he may have been available Day 3 (of course, we will never know that, that's just where I had estimated he would go).

And the Collier pick was the next WTH pick after Daniel Jones, for me. Collier has potential, but I don't think he will ever play up to being a 1st round talent. He is very much a developmental pick. Again, much too high.

I think the Ravens had a pretty boom or bust kind of draft. I think it'll probably boom though considering how good they have been at scouting and developing their players. The offense is going to be scary if everyone works out. Lamar Jackson, Justice Hill, Marquise Brown, and Miles Boykin are going to form a super athletic, fast, and tough to defend offense if they all pan out.

Edited by rackcs