goldfishwars

Goldfish's Way Too Early Draft Rankings 2019 - Cardinals at 1

5 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Great - so our entire receiver corps are slot receivers now?

A day in the life of the Giants.

Or, if you want an example of an offense that's good... A day in the life of the Rams.

6 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Wait... Didn't you guys just recently play in like your third super bowl in a row? And your best receivers for various lengths of time have been Julian Edelman, Brandin Cooks, Danny Amendola, and Josh Gordon, right? Three of those guys are definitely natural slot guys, and Gordon is naturally a "big slot", too, right? Except you move them around to exploit matchups and create the optimal lineup. I think Harry is like Gordon in that he's naturally a slot, but can be moved around the formation.

51 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Wait... Didn't you guys just recently play in like your third super bowl in a row? And your best receivers for various lengths of time have been Julian Edelman, Brandin Cooks, Danny Amendola, and Josh Gordon, right? Three of those guys are definitely natural slot guys, and Gordon is naturally a "big slot", too, right? Except you move them around to exploit matchups and create the optimal lineup. I think Harry is like Gordon in that he's naturally a slot, but can be moved around the formation.

It's fine to have multiple players who can align in the slot, but its useless if you can't generate explosive plays as a result. We were reliant on a partially broken Gronk to break down the seams to deliver that for us last year. Brady threw more interceptions than touchdowns in the payoffs, the passing game was on its knees. I'm struggling to see how Harry alone makes that significantly better. 

16 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I have no idea how they make it work, but they seem to. We seem to be in run-type personnel a lot, so it could work out from those packages? I don't try and guess our offense - minefield. :D