My top 3 best and worst drafts.

Suffering_Bills

24 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So, the first pick is probably a top 5 talent that may well play this year. If not, they've added a ridiculously destructive DL to their roster....what did they leave out there? Well, they could have gone for one of the top OLs, but....

with their 3rd pick they drafted probably their new starting RG. Mauler, wasn't really beaten at senior bowl, I think it's really good value here.

2nd pick was most people's best WR in draft

4th - Amani Hooker, a versatile piece that can play safety and nickel and can learn from Byard, subbing in when needed. Again, good value, most had him 2nd round

5th - D'Andre Walker - arguably their best pick. Great value here and fills their biggest need. Home run.

Yeah, it's a good one.

Okay. Give it three years, then get back to me.

1 hour ago, brushmyhair said:

They didn't do a good job at putting talent on their offensive line. Kyler is going to be running for his life when Aaron Donald is unleashed on him

Yeah, I agree that they really needed to address offensive line, and had opportunities to do so, and I think Murray is more than likely a bust, but for overall value, the Cardinals did great on most of their picks.  I wouldn't put them near the top, solely for Murray and no OL help, but I don't think they're at the bottom either.  Murphy, Allen, and Butler were fantastic value picks.

1 hour ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Okay. Give it three years, then get back to me.

You really ought to expect to be in the minority on this one.  Most seem to think the Titans did well, and it seems like your only gripe is the first pick.  Unless you legitimately think every single other team did better than securing two immediate starters, a couple of depth pieces, and a guy who will play part of the season.

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, I agree that they really needed to address offensive line, and had opportunities to do so, and I think Murray is more than likely a bust, but for overall value, the Cardinals did great on most of their picks.  I wouldn't put them near the top, solely for Murray and no OL help, but I don't think they're at the bottom either.  Murphy, Allen, and Butler were fantastic value picks.

You really ought to expect to be in the minority on this one.  Most seem to think the Titans did well, and it seems like your only gripe is the first pick.  Unless you legitimately think every single other team did better than securing two immediate starters, a couple of depth pieces, and a guy who will play part of the season.

Hey, if I am, I am. My take on things; my right to think so.

6 minutes ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Hey, if I am, I am. My take on things; my right to think so.

I know, and group think isn't always right.  But I'm still confused on how it's a bottom three draft if the only pick you have issue with is the first one.

Thanks for the praise @Suffering_Bills

At the end of the day, Oakland added four starters. No one else can say that in this draft. 

Ferrell is way better than people give him credit for. His tape is better than Sweat, Allen, Oliver, Gary, and Burns imho. Ferrells tape is spectacular. He gets hate cause of the combine and also not running the 40 or doing any explosion drills. People also don’t like him cause he’s not flashy. I think he’ll be an even better version of Brandon Graham, and that’s no knock on Graham. 

Jacobs is a three down back which Gruden wrote on his Christmas Wishlist. 

As for Washington, man what a draft. They get a Top 10 player in Sweat, Haskins probably starts Week 1, and I love Terry McLaurin and it also gives Haskins a familiar weapon. And Bryce Love will be the 2nd best RB in this draft if he returns to pre injury form. His vision and speed are unreal. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Thanks for the praise @Suffering_Bills

At the end of the day, Oakland added four starters. No one else can say that in this draft. 

Ferrell is way better than people give him credit for. His tape is better than Sweat, Allen, Oliver, Gary, and Burns imho. Ferrells tape is spectacular. He gets hate cause of the combine and also not running the 40 or doing any explosion drills. People also don’t like him cause he’s not flashy. I think he’ll be an even better version of Brandon Graham, and that’s no knock on Graham. 

Also the fact that he was on a line with 3 other NFL calibre players. That undoubtedly helped him, but good player nonetheless. 

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I know, and group think isn't always right.  But I'm still confused on how it's a bottom three draft if the only pick you have issue with is the first one.

Because it creates more discussion when you present a contrarian perspective with poor logic to support it than anything tangible.

"Titans drafted an injured guy in the first, LOL stoopid pick, bottom 3 draft for sure" is basically his argument. 

11 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Because it creates more discussion when you present a contrarian perspective with poor logic to support it than anything tangible.

"Titans drafted an injured guy in the first, LOL stoopid pick, bottom 3 draft for sure" is basically his argument. 

Then he just told me to come back in three years to discuss.....you mean when Simmons is healthy and smashing OLines?....

20 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Then he just told me to come back in three years to discuss.....you mean when Simmons is healthy and smashing OLines?....

Logic can be very hard to grasp for some folks. He didn't bother refuting any of the points I brought up, but I'm sure it would just involve more logic twisting and goal post moving rather than acknowledge the fact that perhaps, just maybe, he was wrong.

I'm not pounding the table that we had an amazing draft or anything. But... bottom 3? Really?

Lol.

• Like 1

Best:

1. Washington had a top-3 draft.  It was just killer.  It was great value on Haskins, Sweat and McLaurin.  All went way later than expected.  Bryce Love was such a great lottery ticket pick to make late.  Add that to the big time free agency moves and this team could compete.  It'd also be great to see Adrian Peterson in the playoffs at least one more time.

2. Taking the #17 pick, #95 pick & Jabrill trade for Odell Beckham Jr. into account, the Browns definitely had a top-3 draft.  Greedy went from overrated to underrated, as he may be the best cover corner in the entire draft.  His tackling can improve.  Not many know Takitaki yet, but he is a player. They got a steal of an o-lineman in the 6th with Drew Forbes.  Mack Wilson in round 5 was a mega steal.

3. San Diego had a great draft with Tillery & Adderley, amongst others.  They got a lot of nice value.  Pipkins was great value and could have gone earlier.  Easton Stick is one of the most promising later round guys in this draft.  Tranquill could end up starting at LB sooner than later as well.

Honorable mention: PHI, DEN, BUF, JAX, NE, NYJ, MIA (w/Rosen)

Worst:

1. Pittsburgh gave up a whole lot to move up to pick 10 and grab a 5'11" ILB.  While he will likely be good, this is bad value to lose a future 3rd and pick #52 to move up.  Justin Layne was a meh pick--Steelers can't seem to consistently draft corners.  Snell Jr. was a decent pick, though he ran terribly and could have been available much later, maybe even undrafted.  Diontae Johnson was a nice pick, though.

2. Baltimore grabbed some solid talents on paper, but they spent two high picks on speedy receivers while not addressing the offensive line.  A lot of the draft hinges on whether Lamar Jackson develops better accuracy.  If he doesn't, this draft was a Matt Millen.  Despite all the production, there is a lot of boom-bust to Jaylen Ferguson.  Justice Hill was a nice pick, but he'd better hope the line holds.

3. Cincinnati presumably got jumped by Pitt for Bush and then made a decent if unspectacular pick with the (reportedly going to play guard) Jonah Williams. Then they get a TE in the 2nd who many expected to go late or undrafted.  Pratt should be a solid LB and Wren is an interesting boom-bust.  Most everyone else seem like UDFA.  Not sure why they grabbed two RB unless Mixon is in trouble, but at least it was late.

Dishonorable mention: HOU, TB, NYG

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

They didn't do a good job at putting talent on their offensive line. Kyler is going to be running for his life when Aaron Donald is unleashed on him

QBs of teams with good OLs usually are

i do feel like there were several options in round 2 for them to help out Kyler and DJ and while you cant fill all your needs, if the biggest concern about your new QB is his health despite no prior concerns in college, you need to protect him