My top 3 best and worst drafts.

Suffering_Bills

3 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Sample is the Kittle of this draft

George Kittle is hella athletic though. And people actually liked Kittle a lot coming out of Iowa whereas Sample was a complete WTF pick. It certainly doesn't mean he can't be good, but the athletic trait gap between Kittle and Sample is massive.

Titans could have easily went with AJ Brown at 19 and Simmons round 2 and I’m sure people would have praised it. So getting both those players in the top two rounds regardless of which went first makes the top of their draft pretty good.

On 5/2/2019 at 1:26 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What does that have to do with what i said? I was just saying that Donald does Donald things vs good and bad OL but i still think they did Kyler a disservice by not protecting him

See, I strongly believe Lamont Gaillard is a starting IOL.

On 3.5.2019 at 4:17 PM, SmittyBacall said:

D5Hx71nW0AEYKI5.png:large

An RAS of 9.02 out of 10 indicates well above average athleticism for the position. If that's not "very good" athleticism, how would you define it? He never really had the chance of putting it on display as a receiver at Washington for a few reasons - he's extremely valuable as a blocker, he was never targeted or schemed as a pass catcher, and Jake Browning is terrible and didn't bother looking his way even when he was very clearly open.

I didn't like the Sample pick at 52, and I still don't. To be honest I wouldn't be happy with him in the 3rd, either. But his athletic profile outlines that there is at least some potential upside to his game. He's certainly worth more than what you're projecting.You may want to revisit this one.

I definitely agree, but you also need to consider the types of TEs the Bengals were after, because they're obviously not all the same.Our FO targeted what they believed to be the best Y-TE in the draft after Hockenson. 

• Speaking of tight ends, another guy who stood out at rookie minicamp was Cincinnati second-round pick Drew Sample. Tight end is an important position in the Bengals’ offense, so it would be huge in Zac Taylor’s first year if the team nailed that pick. The staff sees Sample, an outstanding blocker with good receiver skills, playing the role as the traditional ‘Y’ tight end, the same role that Tyler Higbee did in that offense for the Rams. If he’s healthy, Tyler Eifert would then slide into the ‘F’ role as the move tight end, to generate mismatches. And the good news here is that Sample has already shown a pretty good ability to pick up what’s being taught and apply it, which is obviously key to contributing as a rookie.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/05/13/vikings-cap-space-kyle-rudolph-browns-odell-beckham-jr-rookie-minicamps-dahale-warring-drew-sample?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com