Bostic released

3rivers

To me definitely comes down to Switzer or Eli Rogers at wide receiver obviously. And it's going to come down to which one does more in preseason. You know Rogers has a significant injury and a suspension to his name. Wild Deonte Johnson might be better at returning the football van Switzer It's still one more thing that Switzer can do over Eli Rogers. I've heard people in podcasts suggest that Eli Rogers won't be the one that gets cut because he was re-signed to a new contract. I say that's a load of crap that new contract isn't so significant that it makes him uncuttable. I honestly see very little chance that burns survive cuts. Tyler matakevich is obviously going to feel some pressure but he is a really good special teams player so keion Adams Sutton Smith Ulysses Gilbert in Ola adeniyi are going to have to show that they deserve a roster spot if they want the one that Tyler currently has. I also don't think that Anthony chickillo has lost his spot is necessarily safe. Is keion Adams and Ola adeniyi show that they can contribute as depth players at linebacker I'm not sure there's any reason to keep Anthony chickillo. I feel very strongly that our first four drops fixed will be on the 53-man roster. I think bugs will knock Joshua Frazier off. I think Darwin gray will make it to the practice squad and I think that there's a chance at least that the tight end we drafted doesn't even make the roster. I really think that comes down to who gets cut in preseason did someone end up getting caught that is worth signing as a free agent that is going to be better than Grimble and the new guy who is game I already forgot and if so I think it's possible that he doesn't make the roster at all and I'm not sure that there's a lot of value and putting him on the practice squad

8 minutes ago, Displayname said:

IMO, I think Rogers and Switzer have earned a roster spot more so then burns 

You're probably right on this. Whether the FO wants to cut a former 1st rounder during his first contract remains to be seen. 

I'd personally give Burns another chance. If he figures out what is up, he'll bring way more value than two tiny slot guys. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

You're probably right on this. Whether the FO wants to cut a former 1st rounder during his first contract remains to be seen. 

I'd personally give Burns another chance. If he figures out what is up, he'll bring way more value than two tiny slot guys. 

Artie Burns is going to get a chance in preseason to keep his roster spot (assuming he isn't traded), but unless the Steelers keep 6 CBs, he is facing an uphill battle. I think the ranking going into TC is: Haden, Nelson, Hilton, Layne, Burns, Sutton. Burns is not last due to his draft status, but he is clearly competing with Sutton for the 5th spot, IMO.

As for WR, it also comes down to if they carry 5 or 6: Smith-Schuster, Moncrief, Washington, Johnson, Switzer, Rogers. I think Switzer leads in position flexibility as a return man, so it will be key in preseason who wins that return man battle. Johnson will get a spot (assuming he doesn't completely suck), but he may be inactive a lot more than people expect.

Obviously, injuries are going to be key as well.

• Like 1

I understand why dirty red could be gone but man I love watching him on kickoffs. He might be my favorite special team we’ve had since James Harrison was dominating that group a few years ago.

I’m not sure why everyone is convinced K Adams is more of a sure thing to make the team when he’s done nothing yet. 

Unless there is injury, Ola makes the team as does Smith. This could finally be the year, yes, THE year that Adams gets cut:o. Burns I am not so sure about. I think he got in the doghouse but still played out of necessity. With Layne and Nelson added to the roster, it puts burns closer to the exit. If they have a UDFA do well enough, then it could be the end of burns. I don't expect him to be a CB in the league, maybe a ST player. One of the worst RD1 picks colbert has made if not the worst.  I Burns makes the team, I doubt he plays any D, he will be the last CB to play D.

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

Unless there is injury, Ola makes the team as does Smith. This could finally be the year, yes, THE year that Adams gets cut:o. Burns I am not so sure about. I think he got in the doghouse but still played out of necessity. With Layne and Nelson added to the roster, it puts burns closer to the exit. If they have a UDFA do well enough, then it could be the end of burns. I don't expect him to be a CB in the league, maybe a ST player. One of the worst RD1 picks colbert has made if not the worst.  I Burns makes the team, I doubt he plays any D, he will be the last CB to play D.

Hopefully we could get a pick for Burns instead of out right cutting him. Browns were able to get a pick from us (don't remember what round) for Justin Gilbert. 

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

Hopefully we could get a pick for Burns instead of out right cutting him. Browns were able to get a pick from us (don't remember what round) for Justin Gilbert. 

after the season burns had last year, I doubt they will get anything for him. It's a split decision between burns and jarvis for the worst RD1 pick colbert has made.  Why waste a roster spot and risk the chance of him playing if you have someone else that's better? Did they try trading him during the draft? I never heard anything but if they do get a 6th consider it a steal

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

after haden, hilton and nelson, i think burns is in the mix with any of them and has an upper leg on all of them.

this will be an area i will really be interested in. curious to see if burns has/gets his head right. he should realize that this is it for his nfl career (by all accounts)

2 hours ago, muncher said:

after haden, hilton and nelson, i think burns is in the mix with any of them and has an upper leg on all of them.

this will be an area i will really be interested in. curious to see if burns has/gets his head right. he should realize that this is it for his nfl career (by all accounts)

this better not be the reality of the situation. Layne is a rookie but should pass burns on the depth chart, but if the coaches favour vets, then I can see this happening.   If it takes a fight+ suspension, then lets start wishing now. If these coaches keep him out there despite constantly failing, then the coaches need to be gone too

On 4/29/2019 at 1:50 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

He doesnt deserve it. He is a bust. Allowing him to get burnt and be a constant liability only helps us if he is doing it in some other teams uniform.