Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bucsfan333

Gerald McCoy released - Signs with Carolina

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

We drew it out and did him dirty. 😑

I guess, if restructuring wasn t discussed by either side, pretty sure GMC was ready to move on.  I m fine with the divorce and will enjoy GMC introduction into the ROH.

Just like Gruber, the organization did both guys dirty by squandering their careers with ineptitude.  No greater example then Joe Thomas career in Cleveland.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for him. I hope he gets paid and finally makes the ******* playoffs. He deserves that at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we mentioned how awful Bucs fans have reacted to this situation, but certainly Bucs local media is littered with many petty and lacking professionalism.  

I hope GMC signs soon, so this latest sword fight can be put to bed.  In a BA I trust until proven otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I know we mentioned how awful Bucs fans have reacted to this situation, but certainly Bucs local media is littered with many petty and lacking professionalism.

It's getting hard to follow JBF anymore.

And there's another one that bitched and moaned for days after the draft, about the draft, and has been complaining about Suh. Can't remember which one it is. Maybe Pewter Plank or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was a decent move...   Im sure they offered McCoy something similar to what Suh got before they cut him right?  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I think it was a decent move...   Im sure they offered McCoy something similar to what Suh got before they cut him right?  

I don't think we did. I think BA wanted to change the culture. Kinda like beating up the biggest dude in prison. BA wanted to set the tone immediately. And I think he did that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't think we did. I think BA wanted to change the culture. Kinda like beating up the biggest dude in prison. BA wanted to set the tone immediately. And I think he did that.

I think GMC orchestrated his way out of town as much as the current regime.  GMC had already been through 4 HCs before BA.  How much confidence would he have for the organization to finally get it right?  Conservatively he s probably already made 80 million in his career.  I have no problem with him wanting out.  

I just go back to what GMCs wife posted on Instagram.  Safe to assume most times the wife knows the true story.  I truly believe this move was right for both sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think GMC orchestrated his way out of town as much as the current regime.  GMC had already been through 4 HCs before BA.  How much confidence would he have for the organization to finally get it right?  Conservatively he s probably already made 80 million in his career.  I have no problem with him wanting out.  

I just go back to what GMCs wife posted on Instagram.  Safe to assume most times the wife knows the true story.  I truly believe this move was right for both sides.

Could be. But immediately after rumors started, McCoy was quick to shoot them down saying he wasn't going anywhere.

I would guess months of whatever happened behind the scenes took its toll on everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How good is this guy right now? Like, is he a starter? In Cleveland we already have two above average starting DT's in Larry Ogunjobi and Sheldon Richardson. You can always use DL depth, but do you think he's good enough to dethrone one of those two guys as the starter?

Can he still rush the passer effectively?

 

And I know it's cool to say "he sucks" once a guy leaves your team, so honest feedback would be nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

How good is this guy right now? Like, is he a starter? In Cleveland we already have two above average starting DT's in Larry Ogunjobi and Sheldon Richardson. You can always use DL depth, but do you think he's good enough to dethrone one of those two guys as the starter?

Can he still rush the passer effectively?

 

And I know it's cool to say "he sucks" once a guy leaves your team, so honest feedback would be nice. 

He's absolutely a starter. And he's still pretty good at getting after the QB. He doesn't need to be playing 85-90% of the snaps like he did here. But if he can get closer to 60-70%, I think he'll be a force.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like watching an ex immediately get a ton of attention and getting really jealous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Like watching an ex immediately get a ton of attention and getting really jealous.

Except that we've already moved onto the hotter new girlfriend...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Except that we've already moved onto the hotter new girlfriend...

Eh. More like leaving a pretty blonde for a pretty brunette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×