Gerald McCoy released - Signs with Carolina

bucsfan333

22 minutes ago, indifference said:

His contract is only 4 million GTD. If that does not tell us about his ability right now Im not sure what will.

Very true, he is viewed by the league as a rotational guy at this point, which makes sense.  For Rivera, this makes a lot of sense.  His seat is white hot right now.  With him being the HC and DC, makes sense to over spend on the defensive side of the ball in such a critical year.  

18 hours ago, TB Doug22 said:

This situation has been so overblown. I hardly doubt McCoy cares whether we gave Suh 93 or not. Agree with what @ravishingone said above.

Hopefully we can stop talking about McCoy and move on. Let's focus on players currently on our roster.

Given the way he was acting earlier this year on social media, I think the number thing could have factored in.

He’ll probably have two good games against us because he’s motivated, but I expect another big song and dance about it on Insta, which is why I find him tiresome.

3 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Given the way he was acting earlier this year on social media, I think the number thing could have factored in.

He’ll probably have two good games against us because he’s motivated, but I expect another big song and dance about it on Insta, which is why I find him tiresome.

I believe him not being voted captain and then another coaching staff change were the two main catalysts.  Like you wrote the number could have factored in.  I don t think he liked not being viewed as a leader of the team by his peers.  It was just the right time for all parties involved.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, indifference said:

His contract is only 4 million GTD. If that does not tell us about his ability right now Im not sure what will.

But he's gonna get all $8.5M. Which isn't much less than Suh. And he's got a chance to make more than Suh.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

But he's gonna get all $8.5M. Which isn't much less than Suh. And he's got a chance to make more than Suh.

Thats assuming he reaches the per game bonus. So he realistically is a lock for 7.5 million. Everything else is incentive based which is do able. But seeing that this scheme wont require him to bring the qb down but instead free others up...it makes no sense for us to sign Suh to a deal like that

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I believe him not being voted captain and then another coaching staff change were the two main catalysts.  Like you wrote the number could have factored in.  I don t think he liked not being viewed as a leader of the team by his peers.  It was just the right time for all parties involved.

I think so.

Its baffling though because I never perceived him as acting like a leader. Maybe it’s because I felt we needed a guy who’d get in your face or not be afraid to hold you accountable, like a Brooks or a Lynch, but I never felt he was what we needed from a leadership perspective. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t like not being voted a captain, but with a bit of self awareness, he should have worked out why that happened.

I’m intrigued to see how it pans out in Carolina, but I’m as “meh” on him going there as I was about us signing Suh.