Gerald McCoy released - Signs with Carolina

bucsfan333

I m a little surprised this FA tour has taken this long.  It s not like this was some type of secret GMC was done in Tampa.  Does tampering go on?  Yup.  I guess he isn t getting the monetary offers he is looking for.  This is very late in the FA process.  Even in the first couple of days in FA, you may see a guy take at most 2 visits.  

Really surprised no rumors about the Pats if it truly is about wanting a chance to win.

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

If any of us could do what he can do, there'd be an argument about how much he's made thus far.

I have no problem with trying to maximize one s value on next contract.  The media coverage is getting a bit nauseating.  The meeting went great, now heading back home to discuss with family.  A little over the top.  

I hope he does sign with Carolina.  I may believe in kicker curses, but I m not buying GMC revenge tour.  He s not Montana or Manning moving at the end of a career.  GMC is a still good, but not generational. 

I think this is more about contract value then anything else.  Media spinning about it being something else is just silly.  

• Like 1