So how do teams know this stuff?

PossibleCabbage

Brett Veach traded up for Mecole Hardman, panned almost universally by draftniks, and then this comes out:

I think they have Intel to a certain extent on what other teams are doing.

what amuses me is when "Draft Experts" and pundits claim they "Know" a player will be there later. How do they "know" any better?

27 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Brett Veach traded up for Mecole Hardman, panned almost universally by draftniks, and then this comes out:

I think they have Intel to a certain extent on what other teams are doing.

what amuses me is when "Draft Experts" and pundits claim they "Know" a player will be there later. How do they "know" any better?

They don’t know anything when it comes to that 

They're like middle schoolers just looking to cause drama

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

They don’t know anything when it comes to that 

They're like middle schoolers just looking to cause drama

Frankly the more and more I follow the draft the less and less I think the draft pundits actually know and are just using each other for their information. Its like  bubble gets formed of "This is where all the pundits have player x going" and if he goes higher or later there must be something wrong with the team or the player but more often then not the pundits just don't have near the information that the teams do. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Frankly the more and more I follow the draft the less and less I think the draft pundits actually know and are just using each other for their information. Its like  bubble gets formed of "This is where all the pundits have player x going" and if he goes higher or later there must be something wrong with the team or the player but more often then not the pundits just don't have near the information that the teams do. 

Welcome to the club :ph34r:

If it comes down to believing a GM or a talking head, I'm taking the GM. I have no doubts that they have more information than the general public does, and their actions reveal the truth. They all lie when they speak to the media, but their actions during the draft reveal a lot.

On 5/6/2019 at 7:25 AM, Spartacus said:

Yeah there but is a lot of group think I'm that business.

And if somebody goes against the grain they're ridiculed

On 5/6/2019 at 11:16 AM, ReadyToThump said:

Unrealistic, but man how entertaining would it be for us football nerds if each team released their draft boards each year? 

It would be awesome and honestly i think it would give alot of fans at least some comfort to see how their perceived “reaches” were seen in the eyes of their colleagues. Like maybe 12 other GMs had Ferrell in the top-5 and the best pass rusher available? Would be cool to see how odd a pick really is seen by those making the decisions