What I would've done

Magnus-Viktor

If making the first round trade wasn't a possibility I would have taken the following:

1. Greedy Williams CB

2. DK Metcalf WR

3a. Germaine Pratt  ILB

3b. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson  S

4. Foster Moreau TE

5. Ben Burr-Kirven  EDGE

6a. Mike Weber RB Ohio State

6b. Isaiah Buggs DT Alabama

6c. Cole Tracy K LSU

7. Derwin Gray  OL

On a side note, I am very disappointed we didn't grab a kicker.  I am not comfortable with only Bostic and Matthew Wright heading into preseason.  I looked up Wright's stats in college. He only made 1 kick from beyond 50 years in 5 attempts.  I also noticed he graduated in 2017 and didn't play anywhere last year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

He's tiny and got routinely handled at the Senior Bowl by OSU and Penn St. ... He'll be a hybrid safety/off-ball LB. 

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm not sure who you're talking about.

I was referring to Devin Bush.

14 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Yep, because the Defense is so good why not address STs?

Well obviously I'm not saying that but I feel like the first four pics made sense to the Dress needs right now the rats I feel like or either special teams players or simply not going to make the roster

51 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Well obviously I'm not saying that but I feel like the first four pics made sense to the Dress needs right now the rats I feel like or either special teams players or simply not going to make the roster

I wasn't criticizing your post. I was criticizing the Steelers logic if that were the case. 

On 4/29/2019 at 3:01 PM, DR43 said:

If making the first round trade wasn't a possibility I would have taken the following:

1. Greedy Williams CB

2. DK Metcalf WR

3a. Germaine Pratt  ILB

3b. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson  S

4. Foster Moreau TE

5. Ben Burr-Kirven  EDGE

6a. Mike Weber RB Ohio State

6b. Isaiah Buggs DT Alabama

6c. Cole Tracy K LSU

7. Derwin Gray  OL

On a side note, I am very disappointed we didn't grab a kicker.  I am not comfortable with only Bostic and Matthew Wright heading into preseason.  I looked up Wright's stats in college. He only made 1 kick from beyond 50 years in 5 attempts.  I also noticed he graduated in 2017 and didn't play anywhere last year.

I like that draft a lot.  A heck of a lot more than what we actually got.

16 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Problem with Layne is, the more I watch him, he wont play slot. He is the successor to Haden...hopefully. 

I don’t really see that as a problem. Bump Nelson, who has slot experience, inside. Resign Haden and there’s your top 3. 

On 4/28/2019 at 12:25 PM, Magnus-Viktor said:

Given how the draft fell, this is what I would've done.  A trade up when Greedy fell to the mid 2nd would've been tempting if not for DK Metcalf also being available.

1.  Montez Sweat, OLB, Mississippi State - too much potential to pass up here & frees up cap space by allowing you to cut Dupree next year.  Greedy Williams was tempting here, but I like a few mid round CBs more than I like the other OLBs.

Yes. I was hoping for Clelin Ferrell, Montez Sweat, or Brian Burns. Sweat was there at 20!

2.  DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss - same as with sweat (Juan Thornhill was temping here)

No. He's an athetic freak, but not so good as a receiver overall. I would have tried to trade up for Irv Smith here.

3.  Germaine Pratt, LB, NC State - athletic linebacker, without giving up so many picks

Here, I would have taken Mack Wilson. I cannot believe he slipped so far.

3.  Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida - a S/CB that can cover in the slot as well.  Very dynamic athlete with lots of quick twitch. (Dawson Knox, Hakeem Butler and Miles Boykin were tempting)

I'm okay with Justin Layne here. It's a good pick.

4.  Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston - my favorite CB prospect in the draft.  raw, but checks every box unlike everyone else who lacks size or athleticism

Here I would have taken Calvin Ridley.

5.  Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama - getting another coverage linebacker here

I like the Snell pick, and I suspect he is still on the board in the 5th.

6.  Corey Ballentine, CB, Washburn - he checks all the boxes as a nickel corner or to match up against smaller, shiftier WRs.  Sutton Smith was a bit tempting.

I would have tried to trade a couple 6th round picks to move up in the 5th to get D-Andre Walker.

6.  Rodney Anderson, RB, Oklahoma - an athletic RB that is injury prone, but as a situational/rotational guy that's not as bad

I like the Buggs pick.

6.  Jalen Jelks, OLB, Oregon - another developmental prospect here.  I think he has the quickness and length to develop into a good one

Probably traded this pick.

7.  Isaac Nauta, TE, Georgia - If they want a 4.9 TE, might as well go with this guy.  I liked him when I saw him play.  

I think if I had not traded this pick, I'd go Alize Mack here