Now what....

soflbillsfan

5 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Idk why but i still get worried that Josh’s elbow injury will resurface until he has surgery. 

If it was more than a sprain I would agree but from my little to no knowledge on the body part, it is an injury that can heal with rest and time. 

21 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Two 2nds is my max offer. 

I think its your 1st round pick.......Look we all know the biggest need currently and long term is DE who has the capability to pass rush the qb. Clowney is clearly a guy who can take the next step, he has been a solid producer against the run and he would get back to his original formation from college which was hand in the ground . With bills schedule and upgrade in offense the bills are going to end up in the teens drafting next year and possibly in the 20s so why suffer at the one position they are struggling at in the past 2 years to wait until next year to pull the trigger. Bean and Mcdermott are now on year 3 of 5 years and they have the money to build for the future, they go in make the move for Clowney with a 1st and Shaq Lawson or Murphy and upgrade that dline who ranked 26th in sacks. Outside of this main position they are the closest thing from being a legit playoff contender so why delay it by not giving up a future 1st round pick? Some say they need a #1 wr and getting rid of a 1st round for one would cost them that opportunity, but honestly most top wr who are expected to be the guy go in the top 10 and i dont see a hopkins type player dropping as they rarely do in the 1st round. So go out get the pass rusher and hope that the wr corps can be what they want and if not pay one next off season with the ton of cap they currently have. 

some solid talent still available in free agency and still have about 30 mil to spend, i dont get why they havent brought in some guys. Eric Berry and Tre Boston are still out there and outside of Poyer and Hyde the Safety pool is pretty weak, so if one goes down they could struggle a bit. Wouldnt mind bringing in one of these guys on a 1 year 5 mil deal and see what they have got. A few pass rushers still out there, outside of hughes the bills pass rush has been underwhelming and needs to be addressed again bring in some competition rather then settle for murphy and lawson. Ideally clowney could be an option but its more wishful thinking as a fan then realistically happening unless it gets ugly in Houston.

7 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

some solid talent still available in free agency and still have about 30 mil to spend, i dont get why they havent brought in some guys. Eric Berry and Tre Boston are still out there and outside of Poyer and Hyde the Safety pool is pretty weak, so if one goes down they could struggle a bit. Wouldnt mind bringing in one of these guys on a 1 year 5 mil deal and see what they have got. A few pass rushers still out there, outside of hughes the bills pass rush has been underwhelming and needs to be addressed again bring in some competition rather then settle for murphy and lawson. Ideally clowney could be an option but its more wishful thinking as a fan then realistically happening unless it gets ugly in Houston.

My best guess is McDermott and Beane appear to share a philosophy of getting their young players playing time and sprinkled in during their rookie year. I think they would rather see what Neal and J. Johnson can do as opposed to bringing in injured veterans. 

6 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

My best guess is McDermott and Beane appear to share a philosophy of getting their young players playing time and sprinkled in during their rookie year. I think they would rather see what Neal and J. Johnson can do as opposed to bringing in injured veterans. 

Yea I doubt Eric Berry is gonna come to Buffalo for a reserve role, but I agree, we'll probably give Neal and Johnson chances to make an impact

I thought Jaquan Johnson was tremendous value. I remember when he was considered a top 50 prospect

On 5/16/2019 at 5:39 PM, Trentwannabe said:

I understand to push younger guys but honestly this has been a losing organization since the early 90s. One playoff game doesnt necessarily give you a statue. These guys have to make a push for a playoff spot this year or they will be going in to next season on the hot seat. So veterans who can play a reserve role behind poyer and hyde that can actually not drop in talent would be an ideal scenario as the pass rush has been lacking. Since the pass rush has been lacking that means more time for qbs to throw the ball with a talented back up like Berry or boston i do not see the harm in paying for a 1 year service to compete against the young guys like Neal or Johnson. I think Beane has proved that his philosophy is competition at every position and this shouldnt be an exception because they are younger and cheaper. To me this defense and run game are going to carry the bills to a playoff game, giving Allen more time to grow as a qb rather then counting on him to carry the team to playoffs. Even if its a back up role its still something they should look in to. Boston is still fairly young and could be a long term answer and McDermott has dealt with him in Carolina so I would be all in for him coming in for a reserve role to compete with the young guys and add talent to the depth chart.

4 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

McCoy just got cut.. After drafting Oliver is he on our radar you guys think?

I'd be surprised. Between drafting Oliver, dishing out money to Star and then having the Phillips' (Jordan & Harrison), I'm not too sure where he'd fit into the rotation 

8 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

I'd be surprised. Between drafting Oliver, dishing out money to Star and then having the Phillips' (Jordan & Harrison), I'm not too sure where he'd fit into the rotation 

also bills would have given up a late round pick knowing he was on the market for dirt cheap. I dont think they really wanted him