2020 CalhounLambeau Draft Thread: New Database

CalhounLambeau

3 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QbJONz-aRK6WCaSUH4sGS1wAjN_lkg1j7Mrtp1lGJxw/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the 2020 Database. Partnered with a guy this year making it.

Will be posting my thoughts, some Tweets, updates, etc right here. 

Bookmarked. Already working on next year. Thanks for all your efforts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Anyone have any players to recommend watching?

As a biased fan I would like an outside opinion on Zack Moss, Leki Fotu, John Penisini, or Jaylon Johnson.  I don’t expect a report for each, but these are the guys I expect to be drafted next year from Utah.  If you could give a breakdown on one or two of them, I would be interested in reading it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daineraider said:

As a biased fan I would like an outside opinion on Zack Moss, Leki Fotu, John Penisini, or Jaylon Johnson.  I don’t expect a report for each, but these are the guys I expect to be drafted next year from Utah.  If you could give a breakdown on one or two of them, I would be interested in reading it.

We will definitely get to all of them.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2019 at 8:33 AM, CalhounLambeau said:

Anyone have any players to recommend watching?

For Ohio State, aside from Chase Young, DE, who is probably a Top 5 lock:

(Height/Weight listed by OSU)

J.K. Dobbins, RB: 5'10 and 217. Great Freshman year, inconsistent sophomore year, cut on a dime as a freshmen and has  good speed. Seemed to lose some explosiveness when he added 10-15 pounds, but their OL situation also wasn't nearly as good in 2018 as 2017, so not as many opportunities "in space"

Jeffrey Okudah, CB: 6'1, 200. Great length and athleticism with the OSU CB pedigree as of late. Inconsistent as an underclassman

Jordan Fuller, S: 6'2, 205. Great as a sophomore, good as a junior, surprised he didn't declare this past year

Malik Harrison, LB: 6'3, 245. Great athlete who is as frustrating of a LB as I've ever seen. He had a GREAT end to last season as an A to C gap run stuffer, looked good in coverage, was constantly around the football making/capitalizing on turnovers (UM game) and demonstrated great lateral agility, showing why he was such a high recruit. The next play, he'll get lost and fail to properly anticipate. He's also STIFF and lacks flexibility or any real type of bend. He has some intangible skills like just "doing his job", maintaining gap integrity, LOS depth, sees through chaos, etc. I have no idea where he goes, but he's a Sam or Mike linebacker and probably has some real value as a 1st and 2nd down old school run stuffing/route disrupting LB.

• Like 1

Penn State 

Draft Eligible to watch:
EDGE Yetur Gross-Matos (Great tackler in open space and run defender, needs to work on his power moves at the line though)
CB John Reid (Lots of potential, but hasn't been consistently healthy)
WR KJ Hamler (Unlikely he comes out this year, he's like Marquise Brown)

Underclassmen
OLB Micah Parsons (It's early but he could be a top 10 pick in 2021)
RB Ricky Slade
WR Justin Shorter (On his size speed and potential alone, he was dealing just before the start of last season and couldn't learn the system in time as a true freshman to really make an impact, was a top 10 recruit)

• Like 1

A few other OSU draft eligible guys to look for:

Jonah Jackson OG/C - Honorable mention B1G at Rutgers, has really good film, with a strong showing on the big stage, he could easily be a big riser come draft time.

Davon Hamilton DT - This guy was a 3* guy who has steadily improved each season and is a STUD in the run game, he has really good size and improved so much that he starts over more heralded recruits. At 6'4 315 he is an ideal 1-T and could have the requisite athleticism to play 5 tech. 

PFF grade: 85.6

There was not a more improved player on Ohio State's defense from 2017 to 2018 than defensive tackle Davon Hamilton. It is not that Hamilton was bad in 2017, but you could make the argument that he was average.

He sure wasn't average in 2018.

In fact, Pro Football Focus graded him in the "elite" category.

Robert "BB" Landers DT - Continuously underrated player who is like Hamilton, really good against the run, and is and has been a disruptive force inside.  I could easily see him as a Mike Daniels type of plugger in the NFL

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 5:16 PM, Fullback said:

@CalhounLambeau Did you do scouting reports on the 2019 class? If so, I can't find them. I enjoy digging into the prior draft class during the summer when I have more spare time and learn about the rookies. In past years I enjoyed reading your reports.

Sorry man, nothing is public for 2019. 

Appreciate the kind words. 

• Like 1