> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Running against 20 mph winds is pretty f'd though. Running with wind can only help so much, so I don't know if the fairest average. I'd say he's more of a 4.3 guy, plus I've seen Gabriel run right by NFL DB's. If he was tested indoors, I'm guessing he runs 4.3's all day. 

im sure it doesnt help and hurt in the same magnitude and if someone was bored in a wind tunnel one day would be interesting to study it. 

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

im sure it doesnt help and hurt in the same magnitude and if someone was bored in a wind tunnel one day would be interesting to study it. 

Either way, Gabriel can't stay healthy because he's 170 lbs, and I doubt Hamler will be able to stay healthy in the NFL either. We need speed guys, but we need 190+ lb speed guys. D Jax, Will Fuller...all these skinny speed guys get banged up easily.

Also, is Hamler that much better than JD Spielman, who we can possibly get 3 rounds later?

Edited by Jeezla

1A Jeudy
1B Lamb
3 Higgins
4A Reagor
4B Ruggs
6 Shenault
7A Aiyuk
7B Gandy-Golden
9 Mims
10 Hamler
11 J Jefferson/Bowden Jr/V Jefferson/Cephus
15 G Davis
16 Spielman
17 Pittman/Edwards/Claypool/Hodgins
21 J Thomas
22 T Johnson
23 Peoples-Jones
24 Hill
25 Duvernay/Cleveland

My fine-tuned top 25 WR's. Still need to watch a few more guys.

Bolded are my draft crushes

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

i think Kyle Dugger will end up being the #2 Safety crush for most of us after Winfield Jr. Excited to watch him in the Senior Bowl.

I'm really hoping we go Gallimore or Blacklock in round 1 (Unless we sign Hargrave or someone really good in FA)

Edited by Jeezla

21 hours ago, Danger said:

Honestly I'm surprised how much KJ Hamler is just going under the radar relative to all the other guys.

Not sure I would call a guy projected to go in the 2nd round as under the radar. There is just gonna be a good amount of receivers taken in the first two rounds.

For the TDN guys most of them have him as 6th best to 8th with the exception of my guy Benjamin Solak who has him 4th only behind Ruggs, Jeudy, and Lamb.

We likely would have to move up in round 2 if that's who you want us to target.

40 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He's just so smooth and makes everything look effortless when he's on his game. He occasionally looks a lot like AJ Green, but obviously didn't in the playoffs. 

Gotcha, can’t say I saw that to any degree that I’d be expecting that. But I kinda get what you picked up on. If he improves across the board that’s the mold.

he just doesn’t seem like a guy who will have it all together anytime soon. Feel like he’s destined to be a DGB, or whatever that Redskin receiver everyone was hot on in predraft a couple years ago. A couple Tools but not the skill to ever really use them, nor the drive to move past it. Just see a jump ball guy who can’t/won’t box guys out with some speed. 

I've been super down on him for us.

9 hours ago, Jeezla said:

1A Jeudy
1B Lamb
3 Higgins
4A Reagor
4B Ruggs
6 Shenault
7A Aiyuk
7B Gandy-Golden
9 Mims
10 Hamler
11 J Jefferson/Bowden Jr/V Jefferson/Cephus
15 G Davis
16 Spielman
17 Pittman/Edwards/Claypool/Hodgins
21 J Thomas
22 T Johnson
23 Peoples-Jones
24 Hill
25 Duvernay/Cleveland

My fine-tuned top 25 WR's. Still need to watch a few more guys.

Bolded are my draft crushes

Love Reagor and Mims

53 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He's just so smooth and makes everything look effortless when he's on his game. He occasionally looks a lot like AJ Green, but obviously didn't in the playoffs. 

Just curious, but what do you think he will run in the 40?

He ran a 4.75 coming out of high school. Guys run faster by the time they are draft eligible cause obviously they've been training more intensely and have worked on their bodies.

AJ Green ran a 4.49 when he came out.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Just curious, but what do you think he will run in the 40?

He ran a 4.75 coming out of high school. Guys run faster by the time they are draft eligible cause obviously they've been training more intensely and have worked on their bodies.

AJ Green ran a 4.49 when he came out.

He's probably a 4.55 guy at least right? he doesnt look terribly slow in any highlights but not exactly a burner either.

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

He's probably a 4.55 guy at least right? he doesnt look terribly slow in any highlights but not exactly a burner either.

Yeah that would be a fine time for him.

You can see him catch his teammate here who is a track star pretty easily. Obviously with his long legs once he gets up to speed he can cover a lot of ground.

I'm sure the time for the last 20 yards of his 40 would be pretty high up there.