2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, nlesthought said:

He's good. I just don't think he's worthy of trading up for. He's a good football player, not a blue chip athlete. So did he excel in the offense or the offense excel at putting him in great positions? I watched film for his two pedestrian games in 2019. He had 1 catch this past year vs UCLA. 2 catches vs TCU. Both games I didn't see anything that says he's still a top level WR. He doesn't win downfield, crossing routes, quick screens short to intermediate routes. 

So you specifically went to look at his lowlight reel? How is that a fair assessment? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I'd rather look at why he was pedestrian vs him seeing the highlights of him playing South Dakota and Texas Tech. 

Texas, Iowa State, Baylor, LSU, Kansas State

Edited by Danger

13 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We're taking an OT at some point to replace Vaitai. Wouldn't surprise me if we used our 2nd on Cleveland/Peart/Niang/Bartch, and foolishly pass on the Grave Dugger.

I would be shocked if we took a swing tackle in the 2nd. I think we take an OT at some point but I doubt it's before day 3.

Plus the staff and FO love Mailata and I think they will give him every chance to win that job. Big guys who move that well dont grow on trees, and hes shown a ton of development in a short time. 

31 minutes ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

I would be shocked if we took a swing tackle in the 2nd. I think we take an OT at some point but I doubt it's before day 3.

Plus the staff and FO love Mailata and I think they will give him every chance to win that job. Big guys who move that well dont grow on trees, and hes shown a ton of development in a short time. 

They love Mailata so much that they never put him in once for any of the 4 games Lane missed. You really want him going in if Dillard gets hurt?

I think they take an OT with our comp 3rd or one of the 4's, but round 2 wouldn't shock me.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Texas, Iowa State, Baylor, LSU, Kansas State

I've watched LSU, Texas & Baylor games already. The same stuff as I already mentioned. He's used to stretch the defense horizontally more so than downfield. I would bet next gen stats would show he has run more sideline to sideline in yards than downfield whether that's jet option, shallow crosses or being that first option off the jet fake. 

Edited by nlesthought

24 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Let's dig deep on some guys - I think we've talked about the top flight guys for a bit now. Who are some deep sleepers everyone likes?

Notables I like: 

• Safety Myles Dorn UNC SR 6'2 205 played in games all 4 years, no combine invite, sure tackler, decent ball skills, has played over the slot and CF as well as in the box. Probably more SS around the box would suit him. 

Edited by nlesthought

35 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

He's used to stretch the defense horizontally more so than downfield.

A few guys in the league who make a killing like that, one in particular named Hopkins who we were all just dying the Eagles bring in. 

Elite body control, great hands and his ability to make people miss after he catches the ball is fantastic. 

35 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Let's dig deep on some guys - I think we've talked about the top flight guys for a bit now. Who are some deep sleepers everyone likes?

I'd take a Lynn Bowden Jr., Binjimen Victor, or John Hightower which seem to be going later in the draft.
There are others but those came to mind first.
All + athletes. Hightower seems to be a Nelly with the drops..but worth a flyer for his athleticism.
I don't mind gambling a 5th for that athleticism and speed at WR. Especially if we are going Mims or Ceedee. Lets get more pure downfield and/or slot guys with speed.

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

A few guys in the league who make a killing like that, one in particular named Hopkins who we were all just dying the Eagles bring in. 

Elite body control, great hands and his ability to make people miss after he catches the ball is fantastic. 

Hopkins wins at the top of his route. Totally different players. 

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Looks like FFMD II (draft and trades only) is coming back under new management. I'm going to help run the whole thing and do the Eagles forum. I need you nut cases to add your terrible opinions that I'll most ignore lol

Just make sure you get David Woodward